Eiger BioPharmaceuticals Inc (EIGR.OQ)
Tue, Jan 16 2018
Eiger BioPharmaceuticals Inc said on Tuesday it would stop development of its blood pressure drug after it failed in a mid-stage study, sending its shares plunging about 46 percent.
* Shares slump about 46 pct in morning trading (Adds details on company's pipeline, CEO's and analyst comment, background on PAH; updates share movement)
Jan 16 Eiger BioPharmaceuticals Inc said on Tuesday it would stop testing its drug ubenimex for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, a type of high blood pressure, after the drug failed to meet the main goal in a mid-stage study.
BRIEF-Eiger Biopharma Says Phase 2 Liberty Study In Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Did Not Meet Main Goal
* EIGER BIOPHARMACEUTICALS ANNOUNCES PHASE 2 LIBERTY STUDY IN PULMONARY ARTERIAL HYPERTENSION DID NOT MEET PRIMARY ENDPOINT
* EIGER BIOPHARMACEUTICALS INC FILES FOR MIXED SHELF OF UP TO $125 MILLION - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2nUkpvR) Further company coverage:
* Prosight Management reports a 6.9 percent passive stake in Eiger Biopharmaceuticals as of Oct 31 - SEC filing Source text: (http://bit.ly/2mbmToK) Further company coverage:
* Eiger Biopharmaceuticals reports third quarter 2017 financial results
* Eiger Biopharmaceuticals announces closing of public offering of common stock and exercise in full of underwriter's option to purchase additional shares Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* EIGER BIOPHARMACEUTICALS ANNOUNCES PRICING OF PUBLIC OFFERING OF COMMON STOCK
* Eiger BioPharmaceuticals announces proposed public offering of common stock