Entertainment One Ltd (ETO.L)
Fri, Aug 23 2019
Peppa Pig-owner Entertainment One's shares rose more than 30% to a record high on Friday, surpassing the price agreed by the company's board with U.S. toy maker Hasbro Inc in a sign that investors see some chance of a counter offer. | Video
* ITV bid unlikely -analysts (Adds response from Netflix, updates shares)
Aug 23 London's FTSE 100 bounced back on Friday ahead of U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell's much-anticipated speech, while Peppa Pig owner Entertainment One rose to a life high after agreeing to be bought by U.S. toy maker Hasbro.
Aug 23 Shares of Entertainment One rose nearly 30% on Friday, a day after U.S. toy maker Hasbro Inc offered to buy the owner of popular children's television show "Peppa Pig" for about $4 billion in cash.
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug 22 U.S. toy maker Hasbro Inc will buy Entertainment One Ltd for about $4 billion in cash, adding the independent studio with preschool brands such as Peppa Pig to the U.S. company known for Nerf and Power Rangers, the companies said on Thursday.
Entertainment One Ltd, which makes the popular children's TV show Peppa Pig, denied reports that president and award-winning producer Mark Gordon was leaving, sending the company's shares up as much as 17%.
June 6 Entertainment One Ltd, which makes the popular children's TV show Peppa Pig, denied reports that president and award-winning producer Mark Gordon was leaving, sending the company's shares up as much as 17%.
* BANKS HAVE PLACED A TOTAL OF 28,900,000 NEW COMMON SHARES AT A PRICE OF 450 PENCE PER SHARE RAISING GROSS PROCEEDS OF C.£130M Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
- Should ITV plc pay up for Entertainment One Ltd?
- Should you buy Entertainment One Ltd, Big Yellow Group plc and De La Rue plc on today's news?
- Why Shrewd Investors Are Buying National Grid plc, ITV plc & Hays plc Today!
- Will Entertainment One Ltd, Eland Oil & Gas PLC And OptiBiotix Health PLC Soar Following Today's News?
- Should You Follow Director Buying At Entertainment One Ltd?
- Should You Sell Darty PLC & BT Group plc To Buy DCC PLC & Entertainment One Ltd Today?