Etsy Inc (ETSY.OQ)
17 Aug 2018
Thu, Jun 14 2018
Etsy Inc on Thursday raised its full-year revenue growth forecast, boosted by an increase in its transaction fee for sellers, sending shares of the company surging 35 percent to a record high.
* Expects 2018 revenue to grow 32 pct-34 pct Increases transaction fee to 5 pct from 3.5 pct
* Q1 REVENUE $120.9 MILLION VERSUS I/B/E/S VIEW $119.3 MILLION
* SAYS CEO JOSH SILVERMAN'S 2017 TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS $21.2 MILLION - SEC FILING Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* ETSY INC - BOARD APPOINTED GARY BRIGGS, VICE PRESIDENT AND CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER FOR FACEBOOK, TO CO'S BOARD, EFFECTIVE APRIL 5
* ETSY - BOARD APPOINTED EDITH COOPER, FORMER PARTNER AND GLOBAL HEAD OF HUMAN CAPITAL FOR GOLDMAN SACHS, TO COMPANY'S BOARD, EFFECTIVE APRIL 5
* ETSY ANNOUNCES PROPOSED PRIVATE OFFERING OF $300 MILLION OF CONVERTIBLE SENIOR NOTES
NEW YORK Shares of online crafts retailer Etsy Inc jumped 20.4 percent on Wednesday after it reported fourth-quarter results that surpassed analyst expectations, showing signs of a turnaround since it brought on a new chief executive last year.
* TOTAL REVENUE WAS $136.3 MILLION IN Q4 OF 2017, UP 23.6% YEAR-OVER-YEAR