Greene King PLC (GNK.L)
Tue, Apr 30 2019
Greene King Plc forecast annual pretax profit above analysts' expectations as more Britons headed to its pubs over a warm and sunny Easter, but worries over persistently high costs pushed its shares lower.
* Shares on track for worst day in over 10 mths (Adds details on costs, analyst comments, shares)
April 30 British pub operator Greene King Plc on Tuesday forecast annual pre-tax profit above analysts' expectations, as demand for its brews during Christmas continued into the Easter period.
Jan 15 Pub operator Greene King Plc on Tuesday named Nick Mackenzie chief executive officer, replacing long-time boss Rooney Anand who stepped down in November last year.
More Britons headed to the pub for a pint over Christmas and New Year, Greene King said on Tuesday as it reported higher sales and record numbers on Christmas Day itself.
* Says Brexit could hurt consumer spending (Adds analysts comments, details on Brexit, shares, graphic)
Jan 8 Pub operator Greene King Plc on Tuesday said comparable sales for the two weeks covering Christmas and New Year's eve rose 10.9 percent, boosted by strong demand for beers and ales from British pub-goers at its outlets.
- Are these FTSE 250 pub stocks top buys for income and growth?
- Are J D Wetherspoon plc, Greene King plc and Whitbread plc the best Brexit-proof shares?
- 3 Stocks for Euro 2016: Sports Direct International plc, Greene King plc and William Hill plc
- Should You Follow Directors Buying Shares Of Shire PLC, Greene King plc And Paypoint plc?
- 25%+ Gains Are On For AstraZeneca plc, Greene King plc And Prudential plc
- Will BT Group plc, easyJet plc & Greene King plc Surge By 25%+ In 2016?