Greggs PLC (GRG.L)
20 Aug 2019
Tue, Jul 30 2019
LONDON Vegan sausage rolls lured more people into the bakery stores of Britain's Greggs , helping drive a 58% first half profit rise as they also snapped up coffees, sandwiches and cakes.
LONDON, July 30 Greggs, the British baker and food-on-the-go retailer, posted a 58% rise in first-half profit on Tuesday, driven by a boost to sales from the popularity of its vegan sausage rolls.
Rising demand for Greggs Plc's vegan sausage rolls prompted the British baker to raise its annual forecast for the second time this year, sending its stock price to an all-time high.
* Total sales for 19-wk period rose 15.1% (Adds analyst comment, background, shares)
May 14 Britain's FTSE 100 bounced back as investors returned to equities after U.S. President Donald Trump backed trade discussions with China to be successful, while baker Greggs hit a life-high on brighter 2019 prospects.
May 14 British baker Greggs on Tuesday said it sees sales and profit for 2019 materially higher than its earlier expectations, as its vegan sausage rolls continue to be a big hit with consumers.
LONDON British baker and takeaway food group Greggs said on Thursday it expected to pay a special dividend in July after a "very strong" start to 2019 as it reported a 10 percent rise in 2018 profit.
* Shares up 41 percent so far this year (Adds detail, analyst comment, shares)
LONDON, March 7 British baker and takeaway food group Greggs reported a 10 percent rise in 2018 profit and said it had made a "very strong" start to its new financial year.
- Should you buy these 3 stocks after today's updates?
- ARM Holdings plc, GlaxoSmithKline plc and Greggs plc: 3 of the safest dividends for 'Brexit Britain'!
- These 4 FTSE 250 stars have collapsed in 2016. Get ready to buy!
- Why Esure Group plc, Tullow Oil plc and Greggs plc could be today's top FTSE 250 buys
- My biggest investing regrets so far: Cineworld Group plc, Greggs plc and ARM Holdings plc
- Are Tesco plc, Sports Direct International plc and Greggs plc doomed to fail?