Hiscox Ltd (HSX.L)
23 Mar 2018
Tue, Mar 13 2018
* HISCOX LTD - MEDIAN HOURLY PAY GAP IN UK IS 26.2%, OR ON A MEAN BASIS, 31.1%- 2017 UK GENDER PAY REPORT
Lloyd's of London underwriter Hiscox reported a more than 90 percent fall in annual pretax profit after a record year globally for insurance losses due to natural disasters took its toll.
* Annual pretax profit slumps over 90 pct to 30.8 million pounds
LONDON, Feb 26 European shares opened slightly higher on Monday with gains across bourses and sectors, as focus gradually shifts from the earnings season to monetary policy and politics this week with Italy's general election on Sunday.
* FY GROSS PREMIUMS WRITTEN 2,549.3 MILLION STG VERSUS 2,402 MILLION STG REPORTED A YEAR AGO
Feb 26 Lloyd's of London underwriter Hiscox reported an over 90 percent fall in full-year pretax profit, as it faced the costliest year ever for insurers and reinsurers due to natural disasters, and pointed to improved pricing in the aftermath.
* STEVE LANGAN, CEO OF HISCOX UK & EUROPE, WILL RELOCATE TO NEW YORK TO TAKE UP ROLE OF CEO HISCOX USA, EFFECTIVE FROM 1 JULY 2018
Jan 9 The following financial services industry appointments were announced on Tuesday. To inform us of other job changes, email email@example.com.
Jan 9 British insurer Hiscox Ltd on Tuesday named Eric Micheals as chief underwriting officer in the U.S.
Nov 20 Losses from Hurricane Maria and other recent natural disasters, including hurricanes Irma and Harvey and the Mexico City earthquake, have led global insurers and reinsurers to issue profit warnings.
- Should you buy these FTSE 250 stocks following today's news?
- Are J Sainsbury plc, Hiscox Ltd and Mondi plc 3 super income stocks?
- Banco Santander SA, IG Group Holdings plc & Hiscox Ltd: Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- What Everybody Needs To Know About Aviva plc, Old Mutual plc, Standard Life Plc, Direct Line Insurance Group PLC & Hiscox Ltd
- 5 UK Stocks Set To Profit From The Fed Raising Rates: ICAP PLC, Tullet Prebon Plc, Barclays Plc, Hiscox Ltd & Beazley Plc
- 5 Potential Takeover Targets: RSA Insurance Group plc, Amlin plc, Hiscox Ltd, Lancashire Holdings Limited and Beazley plc