Hiscox Ltd (HSX.L)
20 Jul 2018
Tue, May 8 2018
Lloyd's of London underwriter Hiscox saw insurance rates in London improve in the first quarter and its overall gross written premiums rise 24 percent, helped by strong demand for flood and other property insurance.
May 8 Lloyd's of London underwriter Hiscox saw insurance rates in London improve in the first quarter and its overall gross written premiums rise 24 percent, helped by strong demand for flood and other property insurance.
May 8 Lloyd's of London underwriter Hiscox on Tuesday reported a 24.3 percent rise in gross written premiums in the first quarter compared to the same period a year ago, helped by growth in its retail business.
* LEARNED OF AN INFORMATION SECURITY INCIDENT AFFECTING A SPECIALIST LAW FIRM IN US THAT PROVIDED ADVICE TO HISCOX OR ITS POLICYHOLDERS
* HISCOX LTD - MEDIAN HOURLY PAY GAP IN UK IS 26.2%, OR ON A MEAN BASIS, 31.1%- 2017 UK GENDER PAY REPORT
Lloyd's of London underwriter Hiscox reported a more than 90 percent fall in annual pretax profit after a record year globally for insurance losses due to natural disasters took its toll.
* Annual pretax profit slumps over 90 pct to 30.8 million pounds
LONDON, Feb 26 European shares opened slightly higher on Monday with gains across bourses and sectors, as focus gradually shifts from the earnings season to monetary policy and politics this week with Italy's general election on Sunday.
* FY GROSS PREMIUMS WRITTEN 2,549.3 MILLION STG VERSUS 2,402 MILLION STG REPORTED A YEAR AGO
Feb 26 Lloyd's of London underwriter Hiscox reported an over 90 percent fall in full-year pretax profit, as it faced the costliest year ever for insurers and reinsurers due to natural disasters, and pointed to improved pricing in the aftermath.
- Should you buy these FTSE 250 stocks following today's news?
- Are J Sainsbury plc, Hiscox Ltd and Mondi plc 3 super income stocks?
- Banco Santander SA, IG Group Holdings plc & Hiscox Ltd: Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- What Everybody Needs To Know About Aviva plc, Old Mutual plc, Standard Life Plc, Direct Line Insurance Group PLC & Hiscox Ltd
- 5 UK Stocks Set To Profit From The Fed Raising Rates: ICAP PLC, Tullet Prebon Plc, Barclays Plc, Hiscox Ltd & Beazley Plc
- 5 Potential Takeover Targets: RSA Insurance Group plc, Amlin plc, Hiscox Ltd, Lancashire Holdings Limited and Beazley plc