Intrum Justitia AB (INTRUM.ST)
22 May 2018
Tue, Apr 17 2018
MILAN Intesa SanPaolo's deal with Sweden's Intrum Justitia shows bad loans can be sold without a loss and will help Italian lenders turn a corner after "a perfect storm" of fire sales, CEO Carlo Messina said.
* Intesa, Intrum to create Italian debt servicing company (Recasts after press conference)
* STATE GUARANTEE NOT NECESSARY FOR SENIOR TRANCHE IN BAD LOAN SECURITISATION
* INTRUM AND INTESA SANPAOLO ENTER INTO A LONG TERM STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP, CREATING A MARKET LEADING SERVICER OF NON-PERFORMING LOANS IN ITALY
MILAN Sweden's Intrum Justitia has filed a binding bid for Intesa Sanpaolo's debt collection unit in a 3.6 billion euro deal that rids the Italian bank of 10.8 billion euros (9.3 billion pounds) in bad debts.
MILAN Sweden's Intrum Justitia has filed a binding bid for Intesa Sanpaolo's debt collection unit in a 3.6 billion euro deal that rids the Italian bank of 10.8 billion euros ($13 billion) in bad debts.
* Bank to reap 400 mln euro capital gain, board meets Tuesday
BRIEF-Intrum Justitia confirms bid to Intesa Sanpaolo regarding establishment of a servicer of non-performing loans
* COMMENT REGARDING RUMORS ABOUT A BID FROM INTRUM TO INTESA SANPAOLO
MILAN, April 16 Sweden's Intrum Justitia is close to clinching a deal to buy the debt collection business of Italian bank Intesa SanPaolo, three sources familiar with the matter said.
VERONA, Italy, Feb 10 Intesa SanPaolo expects a partial sale of its debt collection unit won't take long and looks with particular interest at Sweden's Intrum Justitia, though China's CEFC is also interested, the Italian bank's chairman said.