Intuitive Surgical Inc (ISRG.OQ)
16 Feb 2018
Thu, Feb 15 2018
* DELIVERS NEWTON SYSTEM TO ITS FIRST AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMER Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
Intuitive Surgical Inc said on Thursday it would continue to spend heavily on research and development in 2018, seeking to fend off competition and maintain its dominance in the surgical robotic systems market.
* Sees 2018 margins at 70-71.5 pct, down from 71.9 pct in 2017
* Q4 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $2.26 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S
Jan 25 Robotic surgical systems maker Intuitive Surgical Inc reported a loss in the fourth quarter, compared with a year-ago profit, reflecting a $318 million expense related to new U.S. tax laws.
* - PRELIMINARY Q4 2017 INSTRUMENT AND ACCESSORY REVENUE INCREASED APPROXIMATELY 18% TO APPROXIMATELY $457 MILLION
* Q3 earnings per share view $1.99 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
Transenterix Inc's chief executive played down on Tuesday the threat posed by his company's surgical robotic system to market leader Intuitive Surgical Inc, saying he did not expect the two to compete head on.