J D Wetherspoon PLC (JDW.L)
25 Mar 2019
JD Wetherspoon Plc expects costs in the second half to be as high as in the first, Chairman Tim Martin said on Friday, after rising wages hit the budget British pub chain's profit.
* LFL sales to March 10 rise 9.6 pct on good weather (Adds chairman's and analysts' comments; shares)
March 15 British pubs group JD Wetherspoon Plc posted an 18.9 percent fall in first-half pretax profit on Friday as it battles high labour costs.
British pub operator JD Wetherspoon Plc said it enjoyed strong sales over the Christmas period, helped by Britons' new-found fondness for gin and solid demand for coffee drinks.
* Labour costs is major factor for rising expenses - CEO (Adds CEO quotes, shares, details)
Jan 23 British pubs group JD Wetherspoon Plc warned of lower pretax profit for the first-half of its fiscal year, as it battles higher staff costs, property prices and power bills.
Rising wages will hit results at JD Wetherspoon this financial year, the budget British pubs group said on Wednesday, sending its shares as much as 6 percent lower in early trade.
* No change in pricing for now (Adds further details, background)
Nov 7 British pub operator J D Wetherspoon Plc said on Wednesday that it expects trading to be slightly below the previous financial year as it deals with higher costs.
- Are these FTSE 250 pub stocks top buys for income and growth?
- Should you buy J D Wetherspoon plc, ICAP plc and Fenner plc following today's news?
- Are J D Wetherspoon plc, Greene King plc and Whitbread plc the best Brexit-proof shares?
- Should you buy last week's risers J D Wetherspoon plc (+7%), Petropavlovsk plc (+6%) and Sportech plc (+15%)?
- Are Imperial Brands plc, Diageo plc and J D Wetherspoon plc 3 serious takeover targets?
- Should You Sell Diageo plc And J D Wetherspoon plc And Top Up With Fevertree Drinks PLC?