Kingfisher PLC (KGF.L)
19 Mar 2019
Wed, Nov 21 2018
LONDON Kingfisher , Europe's second largest home improvement retailer, reported weak quarterly sales in France and said it would pull out of Russia, Spain and Portugal, sending its shares lower and raising questions over its plan to increase profit.
* Shares fall as much as 5.8 pct (Adds detail, analyst comment, shares)
LONDON, Nov 21 Kingfisher, Europe's second largest home improvement retailer, said on Wednesday it would exit Russia, Spain and Portugal so it can focus on markets where it has, or can reach, a market leading position.
Britain's Compass Group Plc appointed Kingfisher's Karen Witts as its chief financial officer on Thursday, the latest in a series of management changes at the world's biggest catering firm following the sudden death of its CEO.
* Kingfisher CFO Karen Witts to become finance chief at Compass
- Will this big retailer beat supermarket stocks after today's update?
- Should you buy these 3 turnaround stocks?
- Don't rush into buying BP plc, Kingfisher plc and Rolls-Royce Holding plc just yet!
- Is It time to dump Kingfisher plc and Marks and Spencer Group plc?
- Should you go shopping for retailers Kingfisher plc, Dixons Carphone or Sainsbury's plc?
- Should you buy Kingfisher plc, Cranswick plc, AA plc and Homeserve plc following today's news?