Manulife Financial Corp (MFC.TO)
22 Jan 2018
Fri, Jan 19 2018
* MANULIFE ANNOUNCES INTENTION TO REDEEM 2.819% FIXED/FLOATING SUBORDINATED DEBENTURES Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* MANULIFE ANNOUNCES PORTFOLIO ASSET MIX CHANGES TO FREE UP CAPITAL, REDUCE RISK AND LOWER VOLATILITY IN ITS LEGACY BLOCKS, AND UPDATES ITS U.S. TAX REFORM GUIDANCE
* MANULIFE FINANCIAL CORP FILES FOR MIXED SHELF OF UP TO $5 BILLION– SEC FILING Source text - (http://bit.ly/2BhcmyL) Further company coverage:
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, November 22 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings assigns a 'BBB+' rating to Manulife Financial Corporation's (MFC) S$500 million 3% subordinated notes due 2029. KEY RATING DRIVERS The rating for the new offering is equivalent to the rating on MFC's existing subordinated debt. The notes are rated two notches below the company's 'A' Insurer Default Rating (IDR), which reflects Fitch's assumption of "poor" recovery prospects in the event of defa
* Manulife Financial Corp - priced offering in Singapore of 500 million Singapore dollars principal amount of 3.00% subordinated notes due november 21, 2029
* Manulife could sell underperforming parts of business -CEO (Adds comments from CEO, stock prices)
TORONTO, Nov 9 Canadian insurer Manulife is "looking at all options" in relation to the future of its U.S. unit John Hancock, new Chief Executive Roy Gori said in an interview on Thursday.
TORONTO Two of Canada's biggest insurance companies reported third-quarter earnings on Wednesday that beat market expectations, benefiting in part from strong growth in Asia.
* Sun Life looking for more Asian acquisitions (Adds comments from Manulife, Sun Life CEOs)
TORONTO, Nov 8 Canada's biggest insurer Manulife Financial Corp on Wednesday reported third quarter results which were ahead of expectations, driven in part by strong growth from its Asian business.