Marks and Spencer Group PLC (MKS.L)
Tue, Mar 5 2019
LONDON, March 5 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Marks & Spencer has become the first British supermarket chain to publish details of its tea suppliers, responding to a campaign to address worker abuses on plantations.
* Ted Baker slips after weak outlook (Adds company news items, updates share prices)
LONDON Britain's Marks and Spencer and Ocado launched an online food joint venture on Wednesday, belatedly giving M&S a home-delivery service while netting $1 billion for its fast-growing technology providing partner. | Video
LONDON Britain's Marks and Spencer and Ocado launched an online food joint venture on Wednesday, belatedly giving M&S a home-delivery service while netting $1 billion (£753 million) for its fast-growing technology providing partner. | Video
* M&S shares close down 12.5 pct, Ocado up 2.9 pct (Adds detail, M&S CEO, Ocado CEO, investor comment, updates shares)
Feb 27 British blue-chip stocks fell again on Wednesday as Marks & Spencer tumbled after announcing a rights issue to fund an online food joint venture with Ocado, while plans for a cash call knocked Metro Bank to an all-time low.
LONDON, Feb 27 British retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) has agreed a joint venture with online supermarket pioneer Ocado that would give M&S a full online food delivery service for the first time, the companies said on Wednesday.
* Travis Perkins jumps after results (Changes analyst comment, updates to closing prices)
LONDON (Reuters Breakingviews) - In some weddings, there’s an obvious winner. Ocado would do better than Marks and Spencer if the two UK grocers go ahead with a joint venture that could see the latter paying a hefty price to secure a much-needed delivery service.
LONDON British high street chain Marks & Spencer (M&S) is in talks with Ocado to form a joint venture that would give M&S a full online food delivery service for the first time, sending shares in both companies surging on Tuesday.
- Three FTSE 100 yields you must check out today!
- Are these dividends too good to be true?
- These FTSE 100 shares yield 6% or above! But are they red-hot buys?
- Should you be worried about weak sales growth at Unilever plc, J Sainsbury plc and Marks and Spencer Group Plc?
- Should you buy Shire plc, Marks and Spencer Group plc and Amec Foster Wheeler plc following today's news?
- The investing case for laggards Aviva plc, BT Group plc and Marks and Spencer Group plc