Mondi PLC (MNPJ.J)
20 Mar 2018
Fri, Mar 2 2018
Packaging group Mondi will pay a special dividend of 1 euro per share after resuming profit growth on improved demand and average selling prices, trumpeting its ability to offset any further cost inflation this year.
* Shares rise in Johannesburg and London (Recasts lead, adds CEO comments, updates shares)
March 2 Paper and packaging group Mondi announced a special payout of 100 euro cents per share after full-year underlying profit rose 4 percent, benefiting from solid demand and higher average selling prices in most of its businesses.
JOHANNESBURG, Oct 11 South African packaging and paper company Mondi reported an 8 percent rise in quarterly underlying operating profit on Wednesday helped up higher prices but said its full-year would miss expectations.
- Will these 3 shares soar or sink after today’s updates?
- Can these FTSE 100 winners extend July's gains?
- Forget your cash ISA with these dividend darlings!
- Brexit has left these FTSE 100 stars looking far too cheap!
- Why Royal Dutch Shell plc looks set to be beaten by Mondi plc
- Bunzl plc, Mondi plc and Rexam plc have got it all wrapped up