Metro Inc (MRU.TO)
16 Mar 2018
Sun, Feb 25 2018
* FY TOTAL REVENUE 7,395 MILLION BAHT VERSUS 7,651 MILLION BAHT; FY NET PROFIT 235.1 MILLION BAHT VERSUS 188.1 MILLION BAHT Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* SAYS SEES SUSTAINABLE SALES GROWTH AND STABLE EBIT DEVELOPMENT IN FINANCIAL YEAR 2016/17
* SAYS WILL PREFER EXPANSION OF MARKET POSITION IN GERMANY TO IMPROVED EARNINGS Further company coverage:
* Shares rise 2 percent in pre-market trade (Adds details, share price indication)
BERLIN, Feb 13 German retailer Metro managed to make up for a drop in quarterly profits at its Russia business by an absence of restructuring expenses at its Real hypermarkets and other one-off income, confirming on Tuesday its full-year forecasts.
* Q1 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW C$0.59 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S
BERLIN German retailer Metro reported a slowdown in sales in its Russian business for the important Christmas quarter, although it saw an improvement in same-store sales at its core German wholesale unit and its hypermarkets stabilised.
* Wholesale unit organic sales up in Germany; down in Russia (Adds shares, analyst comment)
* SAYS EXPECT 2017/18 EARNINGS FROM REAL ESTATE AT PREVIOUS YEAR'S LEVEL OF 175 MILLION EUR
DUESSELDORF, Dec 6 German retailer Metro has placed an employee on leave while prosecutors investigate multiple officials for possible insider trading and market manipulation, a spokesman for the company said on Wednesday.