WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (MRW.L)
22 Feb 2018
Mon, Feb 19 2018
* MORRISONS ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF YORKSHIRE EGG BUSINESS CHIPPINDALE FOODS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON British supermarket operator Morrisons plans to cut 1,500 management jobs while creating 1,700 lesser paid roles, following steps taken by larger rivals to lower costs.
* Tesco, Sainsbury's made similar moves last month (Adds detail)
* European shares rally continues on cyclical strength * STOXX 600 benchmark at fresh 2-1/2 year highs * Global earnings revisions at all-time high - Citi * European stocks offer catch-up potential - UBS * Morrisons gains after Xmas update beats expectations Jan 9 Welcome to the home for real time coverage of European equity markets brought to you by Reuters stocks reporters and anchored today by Helen Reid. Reach her on Messenger to share your thoughts on ma
LONDON Britain's fourth biggest supermarket chain Morrisons beat sales growth forecasts over Christmas while industry data indicated market leader Tesco outperformed smaller listed rivals during the festive season.
* Squeezed UK shoppers focus on food, drink over Christmas (Adds detail on discounters, analyst comment, updates shares)
LONDON, Jan 9 The UK's top share index came within a whisker of a record high on Tuesday as Morrisons led a buoyant retail sector on the back of a well-received Christmas trading update.
(Adds table, quote) LONDON, Jan 9 Britain's biggest supermarket group Tesco was the best performer over Christmas, Kantar Worldpanel said on Tuesday, with a 3.1 percent rise in sales in the past 12 weeks beating its "big four" rivals Sainsbury's, Asda and Morrisons. Asda, owned by Walmart, increased sales by 2.2 percent in the period to Dec. 31, while 2.1 percent more came through the tills at Morrisons and Sainsbury's was up 2.0 percent, the research group said. But gro
* CFO SAYS COMFORTABLE WITH ANALYSTS' 2017-18 PRETAX PROFIT CONSENSUS OF 371 MILLION STG
LONDON, Jan 9 Morrisons, Britain's No. 4 supermarket group, beat forecasts for underlying sales in the key Christmas period, with the rate of growth picking-up from the previous quarter.
- These 2 retail giants could give investors a nice surprise next week
- The new grocery price war could destroy the supermarkets
- Is the worst over for Tesco plc, J Sainsbury plc and WM Morrison Supermarkets plc?
- 3 stocks with 30% upside: Unilever plc, Sports Direct International plc and WM Morrison Supermarkets plc
- Are J Sainsbury plc, Dixons Carphone plc and GVC Holdings plc today's top value buys?
- My 3 top picks for the next decade: HSBC Holdings plc, United Utilities Group plc and WM Morrison Supermarkets plc