WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (MRW.L)
17 Dec 2018
LONDON WM Morrisons shares jumped on Tuesday as traders cited market rumours that the UK supermarket chain could be subject to a takeover approach by U.S. online retail giant Amazon.com Inc .
LONDON British convenience retailer McColl's cut its profit forecast on Monday, blaming tough trading conditions and disruption to its business after it switched its major supply contract to supermarket group Morrisons .
* Switched to Morrisons supply after Palmer & Harvey collapse
LONDON Morrisons , Britain's No. 4 supermarket group, took its run of quarterly sales growth to three years on Tuesday, driven by its wholesale business, though the rate of increase slowed after a summer bonanza, sending its shares lower.
* Shares fall as much as 6.5 pct (Adds detail, CEO, analyst comment, shares)
LONDON, Nov 6 Morrisons, Britain's fourth largest supermarket group, on Tuesday reported another rise in quarterly underlying sales, though its rate of growth slowed a touch from a warm weather boost in the second quarter.
LONDON Britain's Morrisons on Monday lost the latest round in a legal battle for compensation by thousands of its staff whose personal details were posted on the internet by a former employee.
LONDON, Oct 22 Britain's Morrisons on Monday lost the latest round in a legal battle for compensation by thousands of its staff whose personal details were posted on the internet by a former employee.
LONDON, Oct 22 Morrisons, Britain's fourth biggest supermarket, has lost a Court of Appeal challenge against a group of its staff whose personal details were posted on the internet by a former employee, the Press Association reported.
- These 2 retail giants could give investors a nice surprise next week
- The new grocery price war could destroy the supermarkets
- Is the worst over for Tesco plc, J Sainsbury plc and WM Morrison Supermarkets plc?
- 3 stocks with 30% upside: Unilever plc, Sports Direct International plc and WM Morrison Supermarkets plc
- Are J Sainsbury plc, Dixons Carphone plc and GVC Holdings plc today's top value buys?
- My 3 top picks for the next decade: HSBC Holdings plc, United Utilities Group plc and WM Morrison Supermarkets plc