Metro Bank PLC (MTRO.L)
17 Jan 2019
Wed, Oct 24 2018
Shares of British lender Metro Bank fell over 13 percent on Wednesday as a squeeze on margins and competitive pressures in the mortgage market took the shine off a doubling of profit in the third quarter.
* Graphic: https://tmsnrt.rs/2PhGXmp (Recasts with shares, CEO comments, graphic)
Oct 24 Britain's Metro Bank Plc reported a doubling of underlying pretax profit in the third quarter thanks to a strong loan book, while issuing a warning about the continuing competitive nature of the mortgage market.
- 5 growth shares at the top of my shopping list
- Will momentum continue for the FTSE 250's newest members Metro Bank plc, CMC Markets plc and CYBG plc?
- How are 2016 IPOs Metro Bank plc, CMC Markets plc and Hotel Chocolat Group plc faring?
- Should Lloyds Banking Group plc fear upstarts Metro Bank plc & Virgin Money Holdings (UK) plc?