Nextera Energy Inc (NEE.N)
18 Sep 2018
Mon, May 21 2018
NextEra Energy Inc said on Monday it is expanding in Florida by buying some utilities from Southern Co for $5.08 billion, the latest move in a sector consolidating as heavy debt drags on the industry.
* NextEra says deal to add to earnings immediately (Adds comments from CEO, background on Florida economy, shares)
U.S. power company NextEra Energy Inc said on Monday it would buy some assets including Gulf Power Co and Florida City Gas from rival Southern Co for $5.08 billion (3.8 billion pounds).
* SOUTHERN COMPANY ANNOUNCES SALE OF CERTAIN FLORIDA ASSETS TO NEXTERA ENERGY
May 21 U.S. power company NextEra Energy Inc said on Monday it would buy certain assets including Gulf Power Co and Florida City Gas from Southern Co for $5.08 billion.
* NEXTERA ENERGY REACHES DEFINITIVE AGREEMENTS TO ACQUIRE GULF POWER, FLORIDA CITY GAS AND ADDITIONAL ASSETS FROM SOUTHERN COMPANY
* SALE FOR TRANSFER OF 6,480 SHARES IN FPL TO ACEMIL, FOR 39.7 MILLION SHARES IN ACEMIL AT DEEMED ISSUE PRICE OF HK$1 PER SHARE
* FIRST-QUARTER 2018 NET INCOME ATTRIBUTABLE TO NEXTERA ENERGY ON A GAAP BASIS OF $9.32 PER SHARE
* NEXTERA ENERGY INC SAYS CEO JAMES L. ROBO'S 2017 TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS $18.81 MILLION VERSUS $16.76 MILLION IN 2016 – SEC FILING Source text - https://bit.ly/2IytsrI Further company coverage:
* NEXTERA ENERGY AND JINKOSOLAR ANNOUNCE DEAL FOR MILLIONS OF SOLAR PANELS; JINKOSOLAR TO BEGIN MANUFACTURING SOLAR PANELS IN FLORIDA