Naspers Ltd (NPNJn.J)
17 Jan 2018
Tue, Dec 5 2017
JOHANNESBURG, Dec 5 U.S. law firm Pomerantz LLP said on Tuesday it had launched an investigation into whether South Africa's Naspers and its directors had engaged in any business malpractices.
* Rand trades sideways (Adds details, fresh quotes, updates figures)
JOHANNESBURG, Dec 5 U.S. law firm, Pomerantz LLP, said on Tuesday it has launched an investigation into whether South Africa's Naspers and its directors engaged in securities fraud or other unlawful businesses practices.
JOHANNESBURG, Dec 4 A unit of African media and e-commerce giant Naspers said on Monday it would investigate claims of improper payments made to a TV channel while it belonged to the Guptas, a family of wealthy businessmen with close ties to President Jacob Zuma.
JOHANNESBURG, Nov 30 South Africa's rand firmed on Thursday, supported by a weaker U.S. dollar and data showing the country recorded a trade surplus for the ninth consecutive month in October.
* E-commerce businesses narrow trading losses (Adds CEO comment)
JOHANNESBURG, Nov 29 Africa's biggest company by market value, Naspers, reported a 65 percent jump in first-half profit on Wednesday, boosted by its internet businesses that include the largest stake in China's Tencent Holdings.
* Stocks end higher lead by Naspers (Recasts with rand firming, updates bonds, stocks)
* EXPECT HY CORE HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE TO BE BETWEEN 62% (132 US CENTS) AND 67% (142 US CENTS) HIGHER THAN COMPARABLE PERIOD'S 212 US CENTS
* Stocks lift led by heavy-weight Naspers (Adds detail, updates figures)