Newell Brands Inc (NWL.N)
19 Jan 2018
Thu, Nov 2 2017
Shares of Newell Brands Inc lost almost a quarter of their value on Thursday after the Sharpie pen maker recorded dismal quarterly results from weak back-to-school demand and the Toys "R" Us bankruptcy, and cut its full-year forecast.
* Q3 earnings per share view $0.92 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Newell Brands Inc - is ahead of original schedule to deleverage co and is on track to achieve its leverage ratio target of 3.0 to 3.5 times in 2018
* Newell Brands Inc - acquisition will be reported as part of Newell Brands' live segment
United Continental Holdings Inc and Sharpie maker Newell Brands Inc became the latest U.S. companies to blame Hurricane Harvey for disappointing forecasts.
* United's shares down 2.5 pct, Newell down 5 pct (Adds details, analyst comment; updates share move)
* Newell Brands Inc - expects hurricane-related inflation to impact U.S. manufactured resin-based businesses
* Sets quarterly cash dividend of $0.23 per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Sharpie maker Newell Brands Inc's quarterly sales scraped past analysts' estimates as it sold more home fragrances and baby and parenting products.
Aug 4 Sharpie maker Newell Brands Inc's quarterly sales scraped past analysts' estimates as it sold more home fragrances and baby and parenting products.