Provident Financial PLC (PFG.L)
22 Jun 2018
May 9 British sub-prime lender Provident Financial said on Wednesday its recovery plans would deliver 2018 results in line with internal plans while its Vanquis bank unit reported profits ahead of earlier forecasts.
May 9 British sub-prime lender Provident Financial said on Wednesday its recovery plans were on track and would deliver 2018 results in line with internal plans.
* CONFIRMS BARCLAYS, J.P. MORGAN SECURITIES PROCURED SUBSCRIBERS FOR 3.9 MILLION SHARES, OR 3.7 PERCENT OF NEW SHARES, AT 665 PENCEPER SHARE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* ANNOUNCE THAT 17 FOR 24 RIGHTS ISSUE OF 105 MILLION SHARES AT 20 8 /11 PENCE PER SHARE CLOSED FOR ACCEPTANCES
* WOODFORD INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LTD INCREASES STAKE IN PROVIDENT FINANCIAL PLC TO 24.41 PERCENT FROM 23.03 PERCENT Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON, Feb 27 Hedge funds were caught out by a big short in Provident Financial when the British sub-prime lender revealed plans to shore up its balance sheet on Tuesday, triggering a squeeze which drove a near 90 percent spike in its share price.
Shares in troubled Provident Financial soared by more than 80 percent on Tuesday after the British sub-prime lender announced a 331 million pound ($462 mln) share sale that will increase its capital by more than a third.
* Settles Vanquis Bank probe with FCA (Adds details, CEO comments, share movement)
* ANNOUNCES A FULLY UNDERWRITTEN RIGHTS ISSUE ( "RIGHTS ISSUE") TO RAISE GROSS PROCEEDS OF APPROXIMATELY £331 MILLION
- Should you buy these under-the-radar Woodford holdings?
- My 2 best mid-cap stocks for income and growth
- 3 stocks with stunning income prospects
- Here's what Neil Woodford has been buying and selling since the Brexit vote
- Neil Woodford dumps BT Group plc and buys more Next plc and Provident Financial plc
- Do recent declines make AstraZeneca plc, easyJet plc & Provident Financial plc a buy?