Rio Tinto PLC (RIO.BA)
21 Feb 2019
Thu, Jan 24 2019
MELBOURNE Australia's Pilbara Ports Authority, which operates the world's largest export hub for iron ore, has given orders for the Port of Dampier, a key port for Rio Tinto, to be cleared on Friday as part of cyclone preparations.
* Quarterly iron ore production dips 1 percent to 86.6 mln tonnes
Jan 18 Global miner Rio Tinto on Friday reported a 2 percent rise in annual iron ore shipments from Australia, meeting its guidance, and set a higher target for 2019.
* Steel prices to remain under pressure amid oversupply (Adds closing prices, volume milestones)
MANILA, Jan 17 Chinese steel futures edged up on Thursday in more range-bound trade ahead of the Lunar New Year holidays, while iron ore slipped after a three-day advance spurred by a disruption in supply from Rio Tinto's export facility in Australia.
LONDON/ULAANBAATAR Dec 31 Rio Tinto and Mongolia have signed a deal for the supply of power to the miner's giant copper mine extension at Oyu Tolgoi by mid-2023, with both sides saying the framework agreement marked a step forward after a protracted dispute.
LONDON/ULAANBAATAR Rio Tinto and Mongolia have signed a deal for the supply of power to the miner's giant copper mine extension at Oyu Tolgoi by mid-2023, with both sides saying the framework agreement marked a step forward after a protracted dispute.
Australian mining company Rio Tinto Plc said on Friday it does not expect to cut jobs in 2019 even though it has deployed automated heavy-haul trains to cut costs.
Dec 24 Anglo-Australian miner Rio Tinto is preparing to take its Iron Ore Company of Canada business public in the first half of 2019 by dual-listing it in New York and Toronto, people familiar with the situation told Reuters.
SINGAPORE (Reuters Breakingviews) - Rio Tinto will be first on the spending trail. The Anglo-Australian giant and peers like BHP have been steadily churning out cash, but investors have understandably fretted this will be wasted on overpriced deals – as happened during the last boom. Expect that to change in 2019.
- Is Evraz plc a better buy than Rio Tinto plc and BHP Billiton plc after today's results?
- Why these two miners look attractive to me
- Rio Tinto plc & BHP Billiton plc face a £4bn tax threat
- Which resources stock will be the first to soar by 30%+?
- Three non-UK shares to cure your post-Brexit blues?
- The key difference between Rio Tinto plc and BHP Billiton plc