Smith & Nephew PLC (SN.L)
Wed, Apr 4 2018
LONDON Artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew , a perennial target of takeover speculation, said on Wednesday it had appointed a new chief executive with a track record of deal-making.
LONDON, April 4 Artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew, a perennial target of takeover speculation, said on Wednesday it had appointed a new chief executive with a track record of deal-making.
LONDON, April 4 Artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew said on Wednesday it had appointed Namal Nawana to replace Olivier Bohuon as chief executive of the British company next month.
* SMITH & NEPHEW PLC - ANNOUNCES FULL COMMERCIAL RELEASE OF JOURNEY II XR TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON, Feb 8 Artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew scraped into the bottom of its guidance range for 2017, with a 3 percent rise in revenue to $4.77 billion pounds and a 20 basis point increase in its trading margin, resulting in profit of $1.05 billion.
* AS RESULT OF US TAX CHANGE, FROM 2018 NOW EXPECTS A CORPORATE TAX RATE ON TRADING RESULTS IN RANGE 20% TO 21% FOR MEDIUM TERM
* ACQUISITION COST IS $125 MILLION AND UP TO A FURTHER $85 MILLION OVER NEXT FIVE YEARS, CONTINGENT ON FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bangalore.email@example.com)
LONDON Smith & Nephew said no major surgery is required for the artificial knee and hip maker to deliver shareholder value, even as it reported lacklustre sales that increase pressure on the company reportedly being stalked by activist investor Elliott.
* Says full-year growth will be at lower end of 3-4 pct guidance
* Ceo says cost savings plan will be finalised by year-end results in feb
- Is Ekf Diagnostics Holding plc a buy as shares jump 10%+?
- 2 'must-have' healthcare stocks after today's updates?
- Are these 3 shares simply the best Brexit buys after today's results?
- 3 growth stocks still worth buying: Shire plc, Smith & Nephew plc and Coca Cola HBC AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc vs Smith & Nephew plc: which is the FTSE 100's best medical marvel?
- Should you forget the high valuations and buy FTSE 100 giants Diageo plc, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc and Smith & Nephew plc?