Smith & Nephew PLC (SN.L)
20 Jun 2018
Thu, May 3 2018
LONDON Britain's top share index slipped on Thursday as a tumble in Smith & Nephew's shares and weakness across financials and health stocks dragged the FTSE 100 off a three-month high.
* Trade war worries weigh on global markets (Recasts, updates prices at close)
LONDON Smith & Nephew downgraded its revenue and profit forecasts after a weak first quarter on Thursday, days before Chief Executive Olivier Bohuon will end his seven-year tenure at the artificial knee and hip maker.
* Shares fall 7 pct (Adds CEO comments, analyst reaction, shares)
* CEO SAYS DECLINE IN ESTABLISHED MARKETS WAS MAINLY DUE TO MARKET WEAKNESS
LONDON, May 3 Smith & Nephew, Europe's biggest artificial hip and knee maker, downgraded its forecast for full-year underlying revenue growth and profit margin after some markets softened and it saw a slowdown in its bioactives business in the first quarter.
LONDON Artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew , a perennial target of takeover speculation, said on Wednesday it had appointed a new chief executive with a track record of deal-making.
LONDON, April 4 Artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew, a perennial target of takeover speculation, said on Wednesday it had appointed a new chief executive with a track record of deal-making.
LONDON, April 4 Artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew said on Wednesday it had appointed Namal Nawana to replace Olivier Bohuon as chief executive of the British company next month.
* SMITH & NEPHEW PLC - ANNOUNCES FULL COMMERCIAL RELEASE OF JOURNEY II XR TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
- Is Ekf Diagnostics Holding plc a buy as shares jump 10%+?
- 2 'must-have' healthcare stocks after today's updates?
- Are these 3 shares simply the best Brexit buys after today's results?
- 3 growth stocks still worth buying: Shire plc, Smith & Nephew plc and Coca Cola HBC AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc vs Smith & Nephew plc: which is the FTSE 100's best medical marvel?
- Should you forget the high valuations and buy FTSE 100 giants Diageo plc, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc and Smith & Nephew plc?