Smith & Nephew PLC (SN.L)
23 Feb 2018
Thu, Feb 8 2018
LONDON, Feb 8 Artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew scraped into the bottom of its guidance range for 2017, with a 3 percent rise in revenue to $4.77 billion pounds and a 20 basis point increase in its trading margin, resulting in profit of $1.05 billion.
* AS RESULT OF US TAX CHANGE, FROM 2018 NOW EXPECTS A CORPORATE TAX RATE ON TRADING RESULTS IN RANGE 20% TO 21% FOR MEDIUM TERM
* ACQUISITION COST IS $125 MILLION AND UP TO A FURTHER $85 MILLION OVER NEXT FIVE YEARS, CONTINGENT ON FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bangalore.firstname.lastname@example.org)
LONDON Smith & Nephew said no major surgery is required for the artificial knee and hip maker to deliver shareholder value, even as it reported lacklustre sales that increase pressure on the company reportedly being stalked by activist investor Elliott.
* Says full-year growth will be at lower end of 3-4 pct guidance
* Ceo says cost savings plan will be finalised by year-end results in feb
LONDON, Nov 3 European hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew said on Friday its growth for the year would be at the lower end of its guidance after reporting a 3 percent rise in revenue for the third quarter, just missing average market expectations.
LONDON Medical technology group Smith & Nephew , which some investors believe should streamline operations to make itself a more attractive takeover target, said on Monday it was buying a U.S. sports injury business for up to $210 million (£159 million).
LONDON, Oct 23 Medical technology group Smith & Nephew, which some investors believe should streamline operations to make itself a more attractive takeover target, said on Monday it was buying a U.S. sports injury business for up to $210 million.
LONDON, Oct 23 Medical technology group Smith & Nephew, which has been urged by activist investor Elliott Management to shed some operations according to media reports, has agreed to buy a U.S. tissue repair business for up to $210 million.
- Is Ekf Diagnostics Holding plc a buy as shares jump 10%+?
- 2 'must-have' healthcare stocks after today's updates?
- Are these 3 shares simply the best Brexit buys after today's results?
- 3 growth stocks still worth buying: Shire plc, Smith & Nephew plc and Coca Cola HBC AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc vs Smith & Nephew plc: which is the FTSE 100's best medical marvel?
- Should you forget the high valuations and buy FTSE 100 giants Diageo plc, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc and Smith & Nephew plc?