SSE PLC (SSE.L)
20 Nov 2018
Wed, Nov 14 2018
British energy supplier SSE Plc plans to create a new company that will include its renewable energy assets in the UK and Ireland in order to improve transparency and help it raise investment, it said on Wednesday.
* Confirms expected full-year dividend (Updates with details, share price, analyst comment)
Nov 14 British energy supplier SSE Plc plans to create a new company that will include its renewable energy assets in the UK and Ireland, it said on Wednesday, and reported a 40.9 percent drop in first-half adjusted earnings.
British energy supplier SSE has acquired the other half of offshore wind joint venture Seagreen Wind Energy Limited from Fluor Ltd as it increases its renewable energy ambitions, the company said on Tuesday.
Sept 25 British power company SSE Plc reiterated its full-year adjusted operating profit forecast and said it would buy the remaining 50 percent stake in Seagreen Wind Energy Limited, continuing its push into offshore wind energy projects.
Energy suppliers SSE Plc and Innogy SE said on Friday Martin Read would take over as chairman of the new company resulting from the merger of their UK retail units.
Sept 14 Energy suppliers SSE Plc and Innogy SE said on Friday Martin Read would take over as chairman of the new company resulting from the merger of their UK retail units.
British power company SSE Plc warned this year's hot and calm weather and higher gas prices had already knocked 190 million pounds off profits from its earlier plans, sending its shares nine percent lower.
* Hurt by persistent dry, still and warm weather, high gas prices (Adds details on losses, share fall)
SSE Plc , Britain's second-largest energy supplier, lost more customers in the first quarter compared with the year-earlier period as smaller entrants challenge traditional players with aggressive pricing.
- These 3 top yielders destroy today's low interest rates
- Why now is the perfect time to buy these 3 super income stocks
- Are Tesco plc, Royal Dutch Shell plc and SSE plc the Footsie's worst growth stocks?
- Are income picks Unilever plc, SSE plc and easyJet plc still a buy after today's updates?
- 5 dividend stocks I'd buy now
- Should you be buying ARM Holdings plc, SSE plc and Pearson plc today?