SSE PLC (SSE.L)
22 Jun 2018
Thu, Jun 14 2018
LONDON British wealth manager Rathbone Brothers has agreed to buy its biggest independent rival in Scotland, Speirs & Jeffrey, boosting its assets by almost a fifth to 44.5 billion pounds ($60 billion).
LONDON, June 14 British wealth manager Rathbone Brothers has agreed to buy its biggest independent rival in Scotland, Speirs & Jeffrey, boosting its assets by almost a fifth to 44.5 billion pounds ($60 bln).
SSE Plc's full-year earnings per share fell 3.6 percent due to customer attrition and weakness in its power networks business but profit so far this year remains ahead of its expectations, the British energy supplier said on Friday.
* Company has alumina buffer for "a few weeks" (Adds Brazil fine, SEMAS and Ibama comments)
OSLO Norway's Hydro plans to buy a Rio Tinto aluminium plant in Iceland for $345 million (245.46 million pounds) as part of its efforts to make its output as green as possible and bolster its position in Europe.
* Hydro says purchase will help cut carbon footprint (Adds quotes from Hydro executive, Rio statement, detail, share price)
- These 3 top yielders destroy today's low interest rates
- Why now is the perfect time to buy these 3 super income stocks
- Are Tesco plc, Royal Dutch Shell plc and SSE plc the Footsie's worst growth stocks?
- Are income picks Unilever plc, SSE plc and easyJet plc still a buy after today's updates?
- 5 dividend stocks I'd buy now
- Should you be buying ARM Holdings plc, SSE plc and Pearson plc today?