Tapestry Inc (TPR.N)
Tue, Aug 14 2018
The publicity around the untimely death of designer Kate Spade drew shoppers back to the handbag brand this summer, driving a 31 percent jump in fourth-quarter sales for its new owner Tapestry Inc that sent shares up 12 percent on Tuesday.
* Shares up 12 percent (Adds details from conference call, comments from company executives and analyst; updates shares)
Aug 14 Tapestry Inc, formerly Coach, topped quarterly sales estimates on Tuesday, helped by higher demand for Kate Spade handbags.
Luxury accessories and apparel maker Tapestry Inc said on Monday that Giovanni Morelli, creative director of its Stuart Weitzman footwear brand, has resigned, citing unspecified behaviour.
May 21 Luxury accessories and apparel maker Tapestry Inc said on Monday that Giovanni Morelli, creative director of its Stuart Weitzman footwear brand, has resigned, citing unspecified behavior.
BRIEF-Tapestry CEO Says Kate Spade Total Comparable Store Sales For Qtr Impacted By "Purposeful Reduction Of Promotional Sales Online" - Conf Call
* TAPESTRY INC CEO SAYS KATE SPADE TOTAL COMPARABLE STORE SALES FOR QUARTER IMPACTED BY "PURPOSEFUL REDUCTION OF PROMOTIONAL SALES ONLINE" - CONF CALL
* Q3 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $0.50 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S
May 1 Tapestry Inc, formerly Coach, reported a 33 percent rise in quarterly net sales on Tuesday, helped by demand for its Coach bags in North America.
* TAPESTRY APPOINTS ERALDO POLETTO CEO & BRAND PRESIDENT, STUART WEITZMAN
* TAPESTRY APPOINTS ANNA BAKST CEO & BRAND PRESIDENT, KATE SPADE