Tesco PLC (TSCO.L)
19 Jan 2018
Fri, Jan 12 2018
BRIEF-Tesco Lotus Retail Growth Freehold And Leasehold Property Fund Posts Q3 Net Profit of 557 Million Baht
Jan 12 Tesco Lotus Retail Growth Freehold And Leasehold Property Fund:
* But strength in mining companies, oil provides support (Adds closing prices, comments)
LONDON Tesco's Christmas trading missed forecasts as strong food sales were offset by weak demand for items such as DVDs and computer games, showing that even Britain's biggest supermarket chain is feeling the strain as consumers curb their spending. | Video
LONDON Tesco's Christmas trading missed forecasts as strong food sales were offset by weak demand for items such as DVDs and computer games, showing that even Britain's biggest supermarket chain is feeling the strain as consumers curb their spending.
* UK like-for-like sales in six weeks to Christmas up 1.9 pct
MILAN, Jan 11 Underwhelming Christmas updates at retailers Tesco and Marks and Spencer weighed on UK's top share index on Thursday, although stronger metal prices supported mining shares.
* CEO SAYS HOME COMPUTING, VISION AND ENTERTAINMENT CATEGORIES WERE WEAK OVER CHRISTMAS
LONDON, Jan 11 Tesco reported a 1.9 percent rise in like-for-like sales in its home market for the Christmas period, falling short of market forecasts after strong growth in fresh food was offset by lower demand for general merchandise.
LONDON Britain's fourth biggest supermarket chain Morrisons beat sales growth forecasts over Christmas while industry data indicated market leader Tesco outperformed smaller listed rivals during the festive season.
* Squeezed UK shoppers focus on food, drink over Christmas (Adds detail on discounters, analyst comment, updates shares)
- Why Tesco plc may be hit hard by fast-rising inflation
- Are these 2 blue chip turnarounds set to soar?
- Don't buy BP plc, Tesco plc and GKN plc until you've read this
- Will this big retailer beat supermarket stocks after today's update?
- Is this the best retailer after today's results?
- 3 Footsie giants I would avoid at all costs!