Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX.OQ)
23 May 2018
Mon, May 21 2018
* SATIVA INVESTMENTS COMMITS TO C$.02 MILLION INVESTMENT IN CANADIAN-BASED VERITAS PHARMA
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc topped analysts' forecasts for quarterly profit on Thursday, led by stronger-than expected sales of its latest cystic fibrosis drug as well as double-digit growth in sales of older treatments.
* New CF drug Symdeko Q1 sales $34 mln easily tops expectations
* VERTEX INITIATES PHASE 3 STUDIES OF VX-445, TEZACAFTOR AND IVACAFTOR AS A TRIPLE COMBINATION REGIMEN FOR PEOPLE WITH CYSTIC FIBROSIS
April 26 Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc's quarterly profit fell 15.1 percent, hurt by higher research and development spending.
* COMPANY REITERATES FULL-YEAR 2018 TOTAL CF PRODUCT REVENUE GUIDANCE OF $2.65 BILLION TO $2.80 BILLION
* VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC SAYS CEO JEFFREY LEIDEN'S FY 2017 TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS $17.3 MILLION VERSUS $17.4 MILLION IN FY 2016 - SEC FILING Source text (https://bit.ly/2JVKbq6) Further company coverage:
* VERITAS PHARMA ENTERS INTO SHARE PURCHASE AGREEMENT WITH 3 CARBON EXTRACTIONS INC. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reuters.Briefs@thomsonreuters.com)
* VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC - CEO JEFFREY LEIDEN'S 2017 TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS $17.2 MLN VS $17.4 MLN IN 2016 - SEC FILING Source text - https://bit.ly/2uQs5Cx Further company coverage:
* PER TERMS OF DEAL, CO TO RECEIVE UPFRONT & RESEARCH SUPPORT, ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT & SALES MILESTONES