William Hill PLC (WMH.L)
16 Nov 2018
Fri, Nov 16 2018
LONDON, Nov 16 British bookmaker William Hill Plc suspending betting on the year that British Prime Minister Theresa May will leave office, it said on Friday, amid speculation there she will face a confidence vote. (Reporting by Josephine Mason and Helen Reid Editing by Robin Pomeroy)
British gambling firm William Hill cut full-year profit expectations on Tuesday, blaming tougher regulations and higher taxes, and warned of more losses in the United States as it steps up expansion.
* Shares fall as much as 9 pct (Adds background, comments, shares)
Nov 6 British bookmaker William Hill Plc on Tuesday forecast lower full-year operating profit, as the company's retail business continued to be challenged by deteriorating conditions on the high street.
William Hill Plc has offered to buy Swedish-listed Mr Green & Co AB (MRG) for around $308 million (242 million pounds) as the British gambling company expands its digital businesses and strengthens its European operations ahead of Brexit.
William Hill Plc has offered to buy Swedish-listed Mr Green & Co AB (MRG) for around $308 million as the British gambling company expands its digital businesses and strengthens its European operations ahead of Brexit.
* Gambling companies had been looking to U.S. for growth (Adds details, background, shares)
Oct 31 British gaming and betting company William Hill Plc said on Wednesday that it offered to buy Sweden-based gaming company Mr Green & Co AB for SEK 2.82 billion ($307.40 million).
Britain's William Hill expanded further into the United States on Wednesday, signing a 25-year sports betting deal with casino operator Eldorado Resorts Inc .
* CEO sees positive impact on results from deal (Adds shares, context on betting industry, CEO, analysts comments)
- Is Paddy Power Betfair still the best horse to back after today's results?
- Why are ITV plc and William Hill plc topping M&A charts?
- Are these 3 stocks 'buys' following today's results?
- Is William Hill plc a buy after bid approach from Rank Group plc and 888 Holdings Public Limited Company?
- 3 Stocks for Euro 2016: Sports Direct International plc, Greene King plc and William Hill plc
- Why I sold William Hill plc in February