William Hill PLC (WMH.L)
22 Jan 2018
Mon, Jan 15 2018
* GROUP'S FULL-YEAR ADJUSTED OPERATING PROFIT 1 FOR 2017 IS EXPECTED TO BE C£290M, C11% UP ON 2016
* ROGER DEVLIN WILL JOIN BOARD AS CHAIRMAN DESIGNATE ON 1 FEBRUARY
* WILLIAM HILL PLC SAYS REACHED AGREEMENT WITH SCIENTIFIC GAMES CORPORATION TO UNCONDITIONALLY SUPPORT SCIENTIFIC GAMES' PROPOSED ACQUISITION OF NYX
* Confirms Ruth Prior has formally joined board as chief financial officer Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
An improved performance from its online business helped British bookmaker William Hill Plc to post a rise in first-half revenue, sending its shares up sharply.
* Company coy on prospects for M&A (Recasts, adds shares, CEO comments)
Aug 2 British bookmaker William Hill Plc posted a 11 percent drop in first-half pretax profit as unfavourable football results hit margins despite a rise in revenue.
* HY UK SPORTSBOOK AMOUNTS WAGERED +13% AND UK GAMING NET REVENUE +9%
- Is Paddy Power Betfair still the best horse to back after today's results?
- Why are ITV plc and William Hill plc topping M&A charts?
- Are these 3 stocks 'buys' following today's results?
- Is William Hill plc a buy after bid approach from Rank Group plc and 888 Holdings Public Limited Company?
- 3 Stocks for Euro 2016: Sports Direct International plc, Greene King plc and William Hill plc
- Why I sold William Hill plc in February