Agricultural Bank of China Ltd (1288.HK)
23 May 2018
BEIJING/SHANGHAI China's Big Five state-owned banks posted their fastest first-quarter net profit growth in four years, while their ratio of soured debt remained steady.
BEIJING, April 27 China's third-largest lender, Agricultural Bank of China Ltd (AgBank) , reported on Friday a 5.43 percent rise in first-quarter net profit as bad loan ratios fell.
* AGRICULTURAL BANK OF CHINA LTD ANNOUNCES APPROVAL FROM CBIRC ON PRIVATE PLACEMENT OF A SHARES
* ZHOU WANFU WAS APPOINTED AS SECRETARY TO BOARD, COMPANY SECRETARY AND AN AUTHORISED REPRESENTATIVE OF BANK
* BANK RECEIVED APPROVAL OF ISSUANCE OF TIER-2 CAPITAL BONDS FROM CHINA BANKING REGULATORY COMMISSION
HONG KONG (Reuters Breakingviews) - Chinese banks look healthy enough to handle more debt medicine. Stable real estate and solid corporate profits helped boost big lenders’ earnings and margins in 2017, while manic asset growth slowed and risk buffers thickened. That clears space for newly empowered regulators to force more defaults, and address flaws in China’s debt-for-equity swap programme.
BEIJING, March 27 Agricultural Bank of China Ltd's (AgBank) vice president said she expects net interest margins to improve in 2018.
* Says it plans to pay annual cash dividend as 1.783 yuan(pre-tax) per 10 shares for A share and H share shareholders as FY 2017 div payment
* AGRICULTURAL BANK OF CHINA PRESIDENT ZHAO HUAN: SEEK TO MAINTAIN STABLE DIVIDEND YIELD AFTER COMPLETING FUNDRAISING PLAN
HANOI, March 26 Agricultural Bank of China has received a licence to open a branch in Hanoi, Vietnam's central bank said on Monday, as the Chinese financial institution seeks to expand overseas.