Rakuten Inc (4755.T)
* Says it plans to sell all 215,000 shares of Asahi Fire & Marine Insurance Co., Ltd. in a takeover bid offered by Rakuten Inc , with expected tender offer price of 2,664 yen per share
* RAKUTEN PLANS TO SUBMIT APPLICATION FOR ALLOCATION OF MOBILE-PHONE FREQUENCY LATER THIS MONTH Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Says it completed merger with wholly owned unit Rakuten Mart Inc
TOKYO Japan's Rakuten Inc said it planned to purchase Asahi Fire & Marine Insurance Co Ltd for about $415 million, strengthening its portfolio of financial services as its steps up efforts to diversify beyond conventional online shopping.
* Asahi a small player in Japan non-life insurance market (Recasts with launch of tender offer, adds analyst comment)
TOKYO Japanese e-commerce company Rakuten Inc said on Monday it would acquire Asahi Fire & Marine Insurance Co Ltd for 45 billion yen ($413.6 million), its latest move to diversify beyond its online shopping site.
TOKYO, Jan 29 Japanese e-commerce company Rakuten Inc said on Monday it would acquire Asahi Fire & Marine Insurance Co Ltd for 45 billion yen ($413.6 million), its latest move to diversify beyond its online shopping site.
TOKYO, Jan 29 E-commerce company Rakuten Inc said on Monday it is considering the acquisition of Asahi Fire & Marine Insurance Co Ltd.
NEW YORK/TOKYO Walmart has struck a partnership with e-commerce firm Rakuten Inc to launch an online grocery delivery service in Japan, its latest effort to forge an alliance with a popular homegrown chain to crack a competitive market. | Video
* Walmart trying to expand globally after struggles in UK, Brazil