Fujitsu Ltd (6702.T)
24 Nov 2017
* ASETEK RECEIVES ORDER FROM FUJITSU TO COOL JAPAN'S FASTEST AI
* Says its second biggest shareholder FUJITSU LIMITED sells entire shares of the company and cuts voting power in the company to 0 percent from 11.4 percent
HONG KONG Lenovo Group has agreed to buy a majority stake in Fujitsu Ltd's personal computer unit for up to $269 million (£204.8 million), in a bid to corner a larger share of a market that is battling weak sales as more people switch to mobile devices.
HONG KONG Lenovo Group has agreed to buy a majority stake in Fujitsu Ltd's personal computer unit for up to $269 million, in a bid to corner a larger share of a market that is battling weak sales as more people switch to mobile devices.
* Says market conditions to remain challenging in short term (Adds CEO, analyst comments, updates share movement)
* Says it signs a strategic alliance with Lenovo Group Limited and Development Bank of Japan Inc, on Nov. 2, on PC business
* Says it will fully acquire Fujitsu Broad Solution & Consulting Inc through stock swap
* Says FUJITSU LIMITED, which is current top shareholder of the company, will sell 54 million shares of the company to SMBC Nikko Securities Inc., on Sept. 26
* Fujitsu and VMware extend global partnership to empower organizations' digital transformations
* Fujitsu's operating profit is expected to jump by about 50% in the April-September half to reach a seven-year high- Nikkei Source text: http://s.nikkei.com/2vgkmcW Further company coverage: