Marubeni Corp (8002.T)
19 Oct 2018
LONDON Standard Chartered pledged on Tuesday to end its financing of new coal-fired power plants globally as part of its commitment to supporting the Paris Agreement on climate change.
* Other trading houses also boosting renewable energy deals (Adds details and other trading houses' move)
* Expects trading house Marubeni will deliver jets from H1 2019
ST PETERSBURG, Russia, May 25 A group of investors led by Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) and Japan's Marubeni have signed a memorandum on construction of a methanol plant in Russia's Ust-Luga port on the Baltic Sea, RDIF said on Friday.
TOKYO Japanese buyers have bought between 150,000 and 180,000 tonnes of U.S. sorghum carried by three vessels previously bound for China amid a trade spat between Beijing and Washington, five industry sources with knowledge of the deals told Reuters.
* Japan has bought 150,000-180,000 T of US sorghum since mid-April (Details Mitsubishi purchase, adds quotes)
* Mitsubishi, with Mitsui, buys 1 cargo of U.S. sorghum-sources
TOKYO, May 15 Japanese trading house Marubeni Corp said on Tuesday it has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Swedish battery manufacturer Northvolt AB to collaborate in a lithium-ion battery business to meet growing demand in Europe.
* Itochu, Mitsui, Sumitomo, Marubeni predict profit growth (Recasts with combined profit of top five trading houses)
TOKYO, May 8 Japan's Mitsui & Co said on Tuesday it will close its Multigrain unit in Brazil by the end of this year amid fierce competition in the sector that led to years of losses.