Associated British Foods PLC (ABF.L)
13 Dec 2017
LONDON Associated British Foods said on Friday it expected a rise in 2017-18 earnings led by its Primark fashion chain.
LONDON, Dec 8 Associated British Foods said on Friday it expected a rise in 2017-18 earnings led by its Primark fashion chain.
* ABF, Teamsters national freight industry negotiating committee have agreed to exchange initial proposals on December 18 and 19, 2017
LONDON, Nov 10 British shares could not shake a downbeat mood on Friday and were set for their worst weekly drop in two months, as retail stocks continued to weigh, with Burberry and Bunzl leading losses.
LONDON Associated British Foods cautioned on Tuesday that sugar profits would fall this year, hurt by lower European Union prices, taking the shine off a 20 percent jump in the group's 2016-17 earnings.
LONDON A sliding pound and buoyant oil prices failed to lift the mood in British shares on Tuesday as grim economic data and disappointing corporate earnings from G4S and Primark owner ABF weighed.
* Fevertree sparkles after trading update (Add closing prices, comments)
LONDON (Reuters Breakingviews) - Associated British Foods will pay for its sweet tooth. A company that sells everything from sugar beet to cheap party dresses has so far made the most of this somewhat odd mix. But its exposure to sugar prices means its valuation is too rich.
LONDON, Nov 7 A recovery among banking shares and continued gains among oil companies helped buoy British stocks on Tuesday, while disappointing results weighed on G4S and Primark owner ABF.
LONDON Associated British Foods expects profits in its sugar business to fall in its 2017-18 financial year after rising 537 percent in 2016-17, its boss said on Tuesday.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Should you buy Associated British Foods plc, Great Portland Estates plc and Dunelm Group plc following today's news?
- Will BT Group plc (-10%), Prudential plc (-18%) and Associated British Foods plc (-13%) keep on falling?
- Should you buy, sell or hold Tesco plc, Associated British Foods plc and Fuller, Smith & Turner plc?
- Don't overlook the 'secret' strengths of these 3 FTSE 100 firms
- Why I'm avoiding shares of Associated British Foods plc
- Is Associated British Foods plc A Better Buy Than Diageo plc And Burberry Group plc Following Today's Results?