Abbott Laboratories (ABT.N)
21 Sep 2018
Abbott Laboratories raised its full-year earnings forecast and topped estimates for quarterly profit on Wednesday, powered by demand for its glucose monitoring device for diabetics and gains from its multibillion dollar acquisitions.
* Shares hit record high (Adds details from conference call, analysts' quotes, updates shares)
July 18 Abbott Laboratories raised its full-year earnings forecast and reported a quarterly profit that beat analysts' estimates, powered by higher sales across its businesses, including its top-earning medical device unit.
Allergan Plc said on Thursday former Abbott Laboratories executive Thomas Freyman will join its board, a week after two of its shareholders criticized the drugmaker's acquisition strategy and board composition.
June 14 Allergan Plc said on Thursday former Abbott Laboratories executive Thomas Freyman will join its board, a week after two of its shareholders criticized the drugmaker's acquisition strategy and board composition.
* ABBOTT EXPANDS CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIAS PORTFOLIO WITH FDA CLEARANCE OF ADVANCED MAPPING CATHETER
LONDON Smith & Nephew downgraded its revenue and profit forecasts after a weak first quarter on Thursday, days before Chief Executive Olivier Bohuon will end his seven-year tenure at the artificial knee and hip maker.
* Shares fall 7 pct (Adds CEO comments, analyst reaction, shares)
* ABBOTT'S XIENCE SIERRA™ HEART STENT RECEIVES NATIONAL REIMBURSEMENT IN JAPAN TO TREAT PEOPLE WITH CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Abbott Laboratories Says Shareholders Rejected Proposal Requesting Board Of Directors Adopt Policy That Board Chairman Be Independent Director
* ABBOTT LABORATORIES SAYS SHAREHOLDERS REJECTED PROPOSAL REQUESTING CO'S BOARD OF DIRECTORS ADOPT POLICY THAT BOARD CHAIRMAN BE INDEPENDENT DIRECTOR Source text: (https://bit.ly/2KqCwQY) Further company coverage:
|Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N)||$142.88||+0.90|
|Pfizer Inc. (PFE.N)||$44.06||+0.31|
|Novartis AG (NOVN.S)||CHF81.88||-0.06|
|Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK.N)||$71.10||+0.32|
|Sanofi SA (SASY.PA)||€74.50||-0.17|
|AstraZeneca plc (AZN.L)||5,670.00||+98.00|
|GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK.L)||1,531.40||+45.60|
|Eli Lilly And Co (LLY.N)||$106.33||+0.26|
|Amgen, Inc. (AMGN.OQ)||$205.10||0.00|
|Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX.N)||$37.77||-0.05|