Abbott Laboratories (ABT.N)
Abbott Laboratories' just beat expectations for first quarter profits and revenue on Wednesday but stuck to a full-year profit forecast some investors had expected would be raised, sending the healthcare company's shares lower.
* Analysts cite disappointment on whisper numbers among investors
* Q1 GAAP EARNINGS PER SHARE $0.23 FROM CONTINUING OPERATIONS
April 18 Abbott Laboratories on Wednesday posted a 16.7 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped by strong demand for its newer devices.
BRIEF-Abbott Initiates Groundbreaking Study To Assess Superiority Of High-Resolution Imaging Versus Standard-Of Care Angiography In Treating Coronary Artery Disease
* RESOLUTION IMAGING RESULT IN LARGER VESSEL DIAMETERS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON, April 4 Artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew, a perennial target of takeover speculation, said on Wednesday it had appointed a new chief executive with a track record of deal-making.
* ABBOTT INITIATES TRIAL TO EVALUATE IMPROVED SURVIVAL AND OUTCOMES WITH THE CARDIOMEMS MONITOR
BOSTON, March 23 Alere Inc has agreed to pay $33.2 million to resolve claims it knowingly sold unreliable diagnostic testing devices to hospitals prior to its acquisition by Abbott Laboratories last year, the U.S. Justice Department said on Friday.
BRIEF-Abbott's MitraClip Therapy Receives National Reimbursement In Japan To Treat Patients With Mitral Regurgitation
* ABBOTT'S MITRACLIP THERAPY RECEIVES NATIONAL REIMBURSEMENT IN JAPAN TO TREAT PATIENTS WITH MITRAL REGURGITATION
BRIEF-Abbott Laboratories CEO Miles White's Total Compensation,Without Change In Pension Value Was $16.8 Mln V/s $17.4 Million In 2016
* ABBOTT LABORATORIES CEO MILES D. WHITE'S 2017 TOTAL COMPENSATION(TOTAL WITHOUT CHANGE IN PENSION VALUE) WAS $16.8 MILLION VERSUS $17.4 MILLION IN 2016 – SEC FILING Source text (http://bit.ly/2IwpJvl) Further company coverage: (Reuters.Brief@thomsonreuters.com)
|Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N)||$126.66||-0.89|
|Pfizer Inc. (PFE.N)||$36.63||+0.10|
|Novartis AG (NOVN.S)||CHF76.08||-1.20|
|Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK.N)||$58.83||+0.19|
|Sanofi SA (SASY.PA)||€65.28||-0.32|
|AstraZeneca plc (AZN.L)||4,976.00||+20.50|
|GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK.L)||1,430.00||+22.60|
|Eli Lilly And Co (LLY.N)||$79.06||-0.69|
|Amgen, Inc. (AMGN.OQ)||$171.56||-1.37|
|Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX.N)||$28.84||-0.05|