Ashok Leyland Ltd (ASOK.NS)
17 May 2018
May 18 India's Ashok Leyland Ltd posted a 40 percent jump in fourth-quarter net profit on Friday, helped by stronger sales volume.
* APRIL TOTAL SALES OF 12,677 VEHICLES VERSUS 7,090 VEHICLES LAST YEAR
* SAYS CO WINS ORDER FOR 10X10 VEHICLES TO CARRY SMERCH ROCKETS
* SAYS MARCH TOTAL SALES OF 22,453 VEHICLES VERSUS 18,701 VEHICLES LAST YEAR
* SAYS COMPANY WOULD BE INCREASING PRICES OF ITS ENTIRE RANGE OF VEHICLES BY A MINIMUM OF 2 PERCENT
* SAYS ASHOK LEYLAND GETS ORDERS FOR 2100 BUSES FROM INSTITUTE OF ROAD TRANSPORT TAMIL NADU
The Indian stock market remained volatile during the week with the Nifty touching a high of 10,632 and a low of 10,462 to end with minor gains of 0.4 percent. The midcap and smallcap indexes underperformed the benchmark index. Sluggish tax collection estimates amid weak global cues dented risk appetite. The rupee ended at a three-month low of 65.17 against the dollar after U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell's first testimony.
* SAYS FEB TOTAL SALES OF 18181 VEHICLES VERSUS 14,067 VEHICLES LAST YEAR
To access the newsletter, click on the link: http://share.thomsonreuters.com/assets/newsletters/Indiamorning/MNC_IN_02022018.pdf If you would like to receive this newsletter via email, please register at: https://forms.thomsonreuters.com/india-morning/ FACTORS TO WATCH 10:00 am: Bajaj Finance post-earnings analyst conference call in Mumbai 10:30 am: NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar, Oil Secretary K. D. Tripathi, Central Electricity Authority Chairperson R.
Feb 1Ashok Leyland Ltd reported a near threefold rise in quarterly profit on Thursday, beating analysts' estimates, helped by higher export volumes and domestic sales of medium and heavy commercial vehicles (M&HCV).