Barratt Developments PLC (BDEV.L)
23 Aug 2019
Barratt Developments' efforts to cut costs by making changes to the design of the houses it builds will help the company to report annual profit that beats market expectations, the company said on Wednesday.
* CEO says cost cut measures include reducing height of houses
July 10 Barratt Developments Plc, Britain's biggest housebuilder, said on Wednesday it expects annual pretax profit to be ahead of market expectations, helped by margin growth and contributions from joint ventures.
Barratt Developments Plc bucked a trend of weak updates from UK housebuilders on Thursday, saying its margins were improving and annual profits would now be slightly above its previous expectations.
* YTD forward sales rise 2.4 pct (Adds details from call, analyst comment, shares)
May 9 Britain's biggest housebuilder Barratt Developments Plc said on Thursday it expected results for the current financial year to be modestly above previous expectations, suggesting it was riding out Brexit-generated tensions in the housing market.
May 9 Britain's biggest housebuilder Barratt Developments Plc said on Thursday its outlook for the year was modestly above prior expectations and reported higher forward sales so far this year.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- 3 shares you should have bought in August
- 3 stocks with 6% yields for dividend hunters?
- 3 newsmaking shares to buy before they soar too far?
- 3 housebuilders set to fly
- Brexit has battered these FTSE 100 stocks: Time to buy?
- Are Barratt Developments plc, Taylor Wimpey plc and Persimmon plc all heading for a slowdown?