BP PLC (BP.L)
17 Jan 2018
LONDON BP said on Tuesday it would take a new charge over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon spill after again raising estimates for outstanding claims, lifting total costs to around $65 billion (£47.3 billion). | Video
LONDON BP said on Tuesday it would take a new charge over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon spill after again raising estimates for outstanding claims, lifting total costs to around $65 billion. | Video
* Company paid $63 bln by end of September (Updates shares, details)
LONDON, Jan 16 BP said on Tuesday it expected to take a post-tax non-operating charge of around $1.7 billion in its fourth quarter results as part of the settlement of the deadly 2010 Deepwater Horizon spill in the United States.
OSLO, Jan 15 Norway's Aker BP will increase dividends for 2018 by $100 million to $450 million, and has "a clear ambition" to grow dividends further by the same amount each year to 2021, the oil company said on Monday.
NEW YORK, Jan 10 New York City announced on Wednesday that it filed a multibillion dollar lawsuit against five top oil companies, citing their "contributions to global warming," as it said it would divest fossil fuel investments from its $189 billion public pension funds over the next five years.
* BP AWARDS JACOBS PHASE 2 OF THE KHAZZAN TIGHT GAS PROJECT IN THE SULTANATE OF OMAN
DUBLIN Former World Trade Organization director general Peter Sutherland, who was also a long-serving chairman of oil giant BP and the overseas arm of Goldman Sachs , died on Sunday aged 71.
WASHINGTON When the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump proposed new subsidies for coal and nuclear plants, it seemed like an obvious way to deliver on campaign promises to boost the nation's energy industry. | Video
* Uncertainty remains over crude revival, electric car effect
Earnings vs. Estimates
- The 3 biggest risks facing BP plc
- Can OPEC save BP plc and Royal Dutch Shell plc?
- These 3 top FTSE 100 stocks now yield more than 5%
- Which oil major will be the first to soar by 30%+?
- Don't buy BP plc, Tesco plc and GKN plc until you've read this
- Is it time to dump Royal Dutch Shell plc (+31%) and BP plc (+23%)?