Centrica PLC (CNA.L)
19 Sep 2018
LONDON Private equity-backed oil and gas producer Neptune Energy on Thursday reported a profit of $70 million (54.2 million pounds) and a cash pile of over $500 million in the first quarterly results it has published, adding that it was on the lookout for more assets.
Sept 6 Britain's biggest energy companies have announced price increases this year, citing higher wholesale prices and the cost of government policies to support renewable energy generation. Energy regulator Ofgem on Thursday proposed a price cap on default energy bills to save households about a billion pounds ($1.3 billion) a year and aims to implement it in time for winter following a government promise to tackle "rip-off" prices. Below are changes the "Big Six" utilit
MILAN, Sept 6 European shares fell on Thursday as fresh losses in emerging markets and worries Washington will follow through on plans to levy an extra $200 billion of Chinese imports kept investors on the edge.
LONDON Spirit Energy, backed by Centrica , has agreed to invest almost $400 million (£310.4 million) in exchange for 50 percent of Hurricane Energy's Greater Warwick Area (GWA) North Sea oil project, Hurricane said on Monday.
* Boosts Hurricane's bet on fractured basement reservoirs (Adds detail on deal, removes extraneous word from headline)
LONDON, Sept 3 Spirit Energy, backed by Centrica , agreed to invest almost $400 million in exchange for 50 percent of Hurricane Energy's Greater Warwick Area (GWA) North Sea oil project, Hurricane said on Monday.
* Spirit Energy will fund an $180 million campaign to drill three wells 100 km west of Shetland, it said on Monday
British energy providers SSE and Innogy's Npower received provisional approval to merge their retail units from Britain's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) on Thursday. | Video
Aug 30 British energy providers SSE and Innogy's Npower received provisional approval to merge their retail units from Britain's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) on Thursday.
LONDON Centrica's British Gas, Britain's largest energy supplier, has paid 2.65 million pounds after it wrongly overcharged some customers, regulator Ofgem said on Wednesday.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Do today's results make Inspired Energy plc a better buy than Centrica plc?
- Can Vodafone Group plc, Centrica plc and Pearson plc afford to pay their chunky dividends?
- Are Centrica plc, Just Eat plc and Sirius Minerals plc simply too expensive?
- Should you steer clear of Glencore plc, Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited and Centrica plc at all costs?
- Royal Dutch Shell plc, J Sainsbury plc and Centrica plc: the FTSE 100's worst income stocks?
- 3 dates for your July investing diary (Centrica plc, PZ Cussons plc and Premier Oil plc)