Countrywide PLC (CWD.L)
16 Mar 2018
Countrywide Plc , Britain's largest estate agent, reported a 22.5 percent fall in core annual earnings on Thursday and scrapped its dividend, sending its shares to record lows.
* Shares fall 24 pct (Adds conference call, analysts, details)
* COUNTRYWIDE PLC'S EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN PETER LONG SAYS CUT ABOUT A THIRD OF HEADOFFICE JOBS TO 300 FROM 450 - PRESS CONF CALL Further company coverage:
March 8 Countrywide Plc, Britain's largest estate agency, on Thursday reported a 22.5 percent drop in full-year core earnings, hurt by poor performance in its main sales and lettings business.
* COUNTRYWIDE PLC - AGREED AN AMENDMENT LETTER RELATING TO ITS TERM AND REVOLVING CREDIT FACILITY WITH ITS LENDER PARTNERS
Countrywide's Chief Executive, Alison Platt, stepped down on Wednesday, a week after the British real estate agent said a loss of market share to its competitors would hit its annual profit.
* Shares up 2 pct (Rewrites with chairman's comments, adds details, shares)
* ALISON PLATT HAS RESIGNED AS CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF GROUP AND WILL STAND DOWN FROM BOARD
Jan 24 Countrywide, Britain's biggest lettings and estate agency firm, said Chief Executive Officer Alison Platt had stepped down, a week after the company warned on full-year group income after a disappointing fourth quarter.
UK's largest estate agency Countrywide Plc said it expects an 8.8 percent decline in full-year group income after a disappointing fourth quarter, sending its shares down 18 percent on Thursday.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- These 3 shares are on sale at half price: Should you buy?
- Three risers to buy on today's results?
- Should you buy Tullow Oil plc, Balfour Beatty plc and Countrywide plc following Brexit?
- Why it's adapt or die for ARM Holdings plc, Royal Mail plc and Countrywide plc
- Why Countrywide Plc & Foxtons Group Plc can’t afford Brexit
- Do Updates From Pearson plc, Countrywide PLC And Premier Foods Plc Confirm Their Turnaround Potential?