Dollar General Corp (DG.N)
19 Jan 2018
* DOLLAR GENERAL ANNOUNCES PLANS TO BUILD NEW DISTRIBUTION CENTER AND CREATE APPROXIMATELY 400 NEW JOBS IN LONGVIEW, TEXAS
Dec 12 The U.S. Senate approved a tax overhaul on Dec. 2 that put lawmakers on course to slash corporate tax rates to roughly 20 percent and deliver a huge windfall to major U.S. companies.
BRIEF-Dollar General- Anticipate 75% Of U.S. Population Will Be Within 5 Miles Of A Dollar General By FY2017 End
* ON CONF CALL - OUR STORES HAVE AN AVERAGE BASKET OF ABOUT 5 ITEMS AND AN AVERAGE TICKET OF ABOUT $12
Dollar General Corp on Thursday reported better-than-expected same-store sales and profit for the third quarter, as hurricanes led to more traffic and higher spending at its stores. | Video
Dec 7 Dollar General Corp on Thursday reported better-than-expected same-store sales and profit for the third quarter, as hurricanes led to more traffic and higher spending at its stores.
* Q3 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $0.94 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S
Dec 7 Dollar General Corp reported better-than-expected comparable sales for the third quarter, as hurricanes resulted in increased traffic and higher spending at its stores.
BRIEF-Appaloosa LP cuts share stake in BofA, dissolves share stake in Wells Fargo and Activision Blizzard
* Appaloosa LP dissolves share stake in Activision Blizzard Inc - SEC filing
BRIEF-Dollar General CEO - "We're well priced today and I don't see us having to do anything that is very dramatic"
* CEO -"believe the much reported demise of retail is an inaccurate narrative. Retail is just changing and we believe we are very well positioned"
Dollar General Corp reported a slide in second-quarter profit margins on Thursday as it cut prices more aggressively to better compete in a retail industry set to be altered by Amazon.com Inc's purchase of Whole Foods Market.
|Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT.N)||$104.59||+0.29|
|CVS Health Corp (CVS.N)||$79.86||+0.51|
|Target Corporation (TGT.N)||$78.10||+0.20|
|Rite Aid Corporation (RAD.N)||$2.31||0.00|
|Rite Aid Corporation (RADCP.PK)||--||--|
|Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (FDO.N)||--||--|
|Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR.OQ)||$114.73||+1.83|
|Fred's, Inc. (FRED.OQ)||$3.93||+0.13|
|Kroger Co (KR.N)||$29.72||+0.66|
|Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA.OQ)||$76.47||+0.47|