Diageo PLC (DGE.L)
17 Jan 2019
LONDON/PARIS Elliott Management has built up a stake in Pernod Ricard and called on the family-backed French drinks company to boost profit margins and improve returns for investors.
* Elliott wants cost cuts, suggests merger with rival-source (Adds Pernod Ricard statement, Bernstein comments, updates shares)
LONDON/PARIS Elliott Management has taken a stake in Pernod Ricard and wants the family-backed French drinks company to try to improve its performance via cost cuts and a potential merger with a rival.
PARIS (Reuters Breakingviews) - It’s getting increasingly crowded at the bar for shareholder activists in Europe, but it’s still possible to get a good drink. Elliott Advisors, the U.S. hedge fund manager, has found another decent tipple in the form of Pernod Ricard, the French purveyor of booze like Absolut vodka and Chivas Regal whisky.
LONDON Guinness will become the title sponsor of the Six Nations rugby tournament from 2019 after a six-year deal was announced on Friday.
LONDON, Dec 7 Guinness will become the title sponsor of the Six Nations rugby tournament from 2019 after a six-year deal was announced on Friday.
Diageo Plc is selling 19 lower-end spirits brands including Seagrams VO Canadian whisky and Goldschlager cinnamon schnapps to U.S.-based Sazerac for $550 million, as it focuses on its premium labels such as Johnnie Walker in the United States. | Video
Diageo Plc is selling 19 lower-end spirits brands including Seagrams VO Canadian whisky and Goldschlager cinnamon schnapps to U.S.-based Sazerac for $550 million (428 million pounds), as it focuses on its premium labels such as Johnnie Walker in the United States. | Video
* Company closely watching cannabis market developments (Adds CFO comments, detail on Seagram's 7)
Nov 12 Diageo Plc agreed to sell 19 brands to U.S.-based company Sazerac for $550 million, the world's largest spirits company said on Monday.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Why I would sell Lloyds Banking Group plc to buy Diageo plc
- HSBC Holdings plc vs National Grid plc vs Diageo plc: which is the better FTSE 100 income stock?
- Why I’m waiting for a pullback on these three core holdings
- Are these 3 shares simply the best Brexit buys after today's results?
- Can referendum winners Diageo plc (+14%), Anglo American plc (+17%) and Fresnillo plc (+53%) keep surging?
- Forget your cash ISA with these dividend darlings!