Daily Mail and General Trust P L C (DMGOa.L)
21 Mar 2018
* SILVER LAKE PARTNERS AND BATTERY VENTURES WILL ACQUIRE EDR FOR $205 MILLION Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By London Bureau)
* SAYS APPOINTMENT OF KAREN WHITE AS CEO OF RMS, ITS INSURANCE RISK BUSINESS, REPLACING HEMANT SHAH, CURRENT CEO Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reuters.Briefs@thomsonreuters.com)
LONDON, Feb 12 Euromoney, a business to business information company, said it agreed to sell its Global Markets Intelligence Division(GMID) to a consortium led by CITIC Capital Partners for $180.5 million, selling off a non-core unit.
Feb 1 Euromoney Institutional Investor, publisher of the Euromoney magazine, said quarterly revenue rose 6 percent, as recent acquisitions more than offset the negative impact from a stronger pound.
* OUTLOOK FOR YEAR UNCHANGED AND IN LINE WITH CURRENT MARKET EXPECTATIONS
LONDON, Jan 10 Is Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT) a newspaper company struggling to diversify away from a declining industry? Or a kind of private equity fund whose investments may soon start to pay off?
LONDON The publisher of Britain's Daily Mail newspaper warned revenue and profit would decline in its media business over the coming year, with the grim outlook for the print business sending its shares 25 percent lower.
* Shares fall as much as 25 percent (Adds further quotes from analyst presentation)
LONDON (Reuters Breakingviews) - The Daily Mail is finally succumbing to the media industry’s malaise. After years of defying gravity while rival publishers watched circulation and revenue crash, the right-wing tabloid’s parent company expects its media business to shrink next year. That complicates boss Paul Zwillenberg’s plan to show that Daily Mail and General Trust is more than a struggling publisher.
* CONSUMER: ENCOURAGING PERFORMANCE FROM DMG MEDIA; REVENUE UP UNDERLYING 1%, ADJUSTED PROFIT UP UNDERLYING 10%, WITH MAILONLINE MOVING INTO OPERATING PROFIT DURING FINAL QUARTER