Dignity PLC (DTY.L)
19 Mar 2018
* Morrison's shares reverse course after results (Adds comments, context)
LONDON, March 14 A jump in Prudential's shares and gains for mining stocks lifted the UK's top share index on Wednesday, while results brought cheer to several mid-cap stocks.
* FY REVENUE OF 324 MILLION STG VERSUS 313.6 MILLION STG YEAR AGO
LONDON Britain's major share index rallied to a higher close on Friday as strong metals prices boosted miners and investors sought out makers of consumer staples following fresh evidence of a slowdown in consumer spending.
LONDON, Jan 19 Britain's major share index rallied to a higher close on Friday as strong metals prices boosted miners and investors sought out makers of consumer staples following fresh evidence of a slowdown in consumer spending.
LONDON, Jan 19 Britain's major share index stalled on Friday, as profit warnings from Dignity and Carpetright hurt retailers and a drop in retail sales last month provided further evidence of a broad slowdown in consumer spending.
Shares in British funeral services company Dignity lost half their value on Friday after it warned results for 2018 would be substantially below market expectations as it is forced to cut some of its prices.
* Expects more families to opt for simple service (Adds shares, CEO quote)
Jan 19 Crematorium operator Dignity said it would reduce simple funeral prices by about 25 percent to draw back customer after warning on results for 2018.
* CONFIRMS THAT ITS RESULTS FOR PERIOD ENDED 29 DECEMBER 2017 WILL BE IN LINE WITH MARKET EXPECTATIONS
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Should investors continue to flock to these market stalwarts?
- 'Brexit-proof' your portfolio with Unilever plc, Supergroup plc, Dignity plc and Mediclinic International plc!
- Are National Grid plc, Dignity plc & Watkin Jones plc play-safe bargains?
- 2 steady stocks for the EU referendum: National Grid plc and Dignity plc
- Why Ted Baker plc, Dignity plc, Card Factory plc and Lookers plc are dependable retail darlings!
- Are Tesco plc, Poundland Group plc and Dignity plc set to beat the FTSE 100?