Easyjet PLC (EZJ.L)
18 Apr 2019
* Wizz Air leaps on positive earnings update (Adds company news items, updates to closing prices)
Gains in miners and banks propelled London's main bourse higher on Monday, as sentiment picked up after surprisingly upbeat data from China and progress in U.S.-China trade talks, while easyJet's bleak forecast triggered a sell-off in airline stocks.
* Miners, banks top boosts to main index (Adds company news items, updates to closing prices)
Budget airline EasyJet warned on Monday that European travelers were holding off booking their summer holidays for fear of how the Brexit process will end, weakening demand for tickets and prices. | Video
Budget airline EasyJet warned on Monday that European travellers were holding off booking their summer holidays for fear of how the Brexit process will end, weakening demand for tickets and prices. | Video
* European airlines battling over-capacity and high fuel costs (Adds graphics, updates shares, Eurocontrol data)
* European airlines battling over-capacity and high fuel costs
April 1 London's main index rose on Monday as mining companies gained on upbeat data from China and progress in U.S.-Sino trade talks, though easyJet's weak trading update pulled down airline stocks.
April 1 British low-cost airline easyJet said on Monday that macroeconomic uncertainty and many unanswered questions surrounding Brexit were driving weaker customer demand in the market, hurting ticket yields across Europe.
LONDON British low-cost airline easyJet said on Friday it was ready to suspend the voting rights of a small number of shares to comply with rules that require 50 percent plus one share of the company to be owned by EU shareholders following Brexit.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Great margins, high dividends, low debt: Are these Footsie shares the best buys on the market?
- Is it time to buy these two undervalued FTSE 100 champions?
- There has never been a better time to buy EasyJet plc and International Consolidated Airlns Grp SA
- 3 blue chip bargains you can't afford to miss!
- Why now is the perfect time to buy these 3 income stocks
- Brexit has battered these FTSE 100 stocks: Time to buy?