FirstRand Ltd (FSRJ.J)
16 Mar 2018
* Incoming CEO says won't tinker with strategy (Adds incoming CEO comments in paragraph 13-14)
JOHANNESBURG, March 6 South Africa's No.1 lender by value, FirstRand, reported a 6 percent increase in half-year profit on Tuesday, a substantial slowdown from a year ago as a weak economy hit investment and consumption spending.
* HY BASIC HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE 224.2 CENTS VERSUS. 211.5 CENTS AS REPORTED YEAR AGO
* SOUTH AFRICAN REGISTRAR OF BANKS APPROVED ACQUISITION AND CONDITION RELATED TO SUCH APPROVAL HAS BEEN SATISFIED WRT CASH OFFER FOR ALDERMORE
BRIEF-Firstrand Ltd Says South African Registrar Of Banks Approved Acquisition of Aldermore by FirstRand Offeror
* SARB APPROVED ACQUISITION OF ALDERMORE BY FIRSTRAND OFFEROR, A WHOLLY-OWNED SUBSIDIARY OF FIRSTRAND LIMITED
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 27 South African lender FirstRand said on Tuesday its group Chief Executive Johan Burger will retire at the end of March after two and a half years at the helm and be succeeded by his deputy Alan Pullinger.
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 27 South African lender FirstRand said on Tuesday group Chief Executive Johan Burger will retire at the end of March and be succeeded by the company's group deputy CEO Alan Pullinger.
* JOHAN BURGER WILL RETIRE AS GROUP AND BANK CEO, EFFECTIVE 31 MARCH 2018
* ALDERMORE GROUP SAYS THAT AT COURT MEETING, GENERAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS HELD IN CONNECTION WITH RECOMMENDED ACQUISITION BY FIRSTRAND, ALL RESOLUTIONS WERE DULY PASSED
* IMPACT OF FIRSTRAND GROUP'S PROPOSED ACQUISITION OF ALDERMORE ON FIRSTRAND BANK LIMITED