Gold Fields Ltd (GFIJ.J)
21 Sep 2018
LIMA, Sept 13 South African miner Gold Fields Ltd aims to extend the life of its Cerro Corona gold mine in Peru through 2040 with an investment of at least $240 million, the company's vice president for the Americas said late on Wednesday.
* Gold Fields H1 profit unchanged (Recasts with CEO comment, adds results, share price)
* Shares down more than 12 pct (Adds CEO, mines minister, union comment, details)
BENGALURU, May 31 Gold prices edged up early on Thursday, as the dollar eased from 6-1/2 month highs hit earlier this week on a weaker-than-expected U.S. economic data, with prices further supported by concerns about the trade war. FUNDAMENTALS * Spot gold rose 0.2 percent to $1,303.30 per ounce by 0053 GMT. * U.S. gold futures for June delivery were 0.2-percent higher at $1,304.30 per ounce. * The dollar index , which measures the green
LIMA, May 30 South Africa's Gold Fields is setting aside pursuit of new acquisitions for a year as it focuses on its existing operations and nearby prospects instead, the bullion producer's chief executive told Reuters late on Tuesday.
* Bullion miner to fund transaction through cash and debt (Adds CEO quote, analyst comment on debt levels)
JOHANNESBURG, March 29 South Africa's Gold Fields said it will buy a 50 percent stake in Asanko Gold Inc's Ghana subsidiary and take a stake in the Canadian miner in a $202.6 million deal.
* ENTERED INTO A DEFINITIVE AGREEMENT WITH ASANKO GOLD TO FORM A 50:50 INCORPORATED JOINT VENTURE
* ASANKO GOLD TO RECEIVE US$185 MILLION FROM GOLD FIELDS FOR 50% JOINT VENTURE INTEREST AND US$17.6 MILLION FOR 9.9% PRIVATE PLACEMENT IN ASANKO GOLD