G4S PLC (GFS.L)
19 Jan 2018
* organic revenue growth was 4.4%, with all regions growing apart from Middle east and India region
The head of a G4S-run immigration unit in Britain at the centre of allegations of bullying and abuse, has resigned, the outsourcing company said on Friday.
BRIEF-G4S Custodial and Detention Services managing director says Ben Saunders has resigned as director of Gatwick Immigration Removal Centre
* G4S Custodial and Detention Services managing director says Ben Saunders has resigned from his role as director of Gatwick Immigration Removal Centre Further company coverage:
* G4S immigration centre boss resigns - BBC Source text: http://bbc.in/2xkUnoH
British MPs accused outsourcer G4S of repeated failures of detainee welfare safeguards and whistleblowing mechanisms at a secure immigration unit, after physical and verbal abuse by guards was revealed in a BBC documentary.
EDINBURGH British outsourcer G4S has suspended nine members of staff at an immigration removal centre while it investigates a BBC report alleging abuse in the treatment of migrants, the company said on Friday.
LONDON Britain's top share index was shaken from its summer lull on Wednesday as geopolitical tensions hit equity markets globally, sending investors into safe-havens such as gold mining stocks, while an earnings update weighed on shares in G4S.
* Safe haven precious metals miners in demand (Adds detail, updates prices at close)
EDINBURGH The world's largest security group G4S said it was on track to meet annual revenue growth goals but its shares fell 6 percent on Wednesday after a long rally as investors homed in on growth risks in emerging markets.
* Company confident FY revenue growth in line with 4-6 pct aim
Earnings vs. Estimates
- These 2 FTSE stocks are making the news! Should you buy?
- 3 value shares near their 52-week lows: Barclays plc, G4S plc and Sky plc
- 3 post-Brexit surging stocks worth adding to your portfolio? G4S plc, Prudential plc and Legal & General Group plc
- There has never been a better time to buy Prudential plc, ARM Holdings plc and G4S plc
- Are today's top turnaround buys G4S plc, Legal & General Group plc and TUI AG?
- 4 shares for a Donald Trump presidency?