GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK.L)
16 Nov 2018
LONDON GlaxoSmithKline's third-quarter earnings were lifted by demand for its new shingles vaccine on Wednesday, but the British drugs firm's shares slipped despite an improved outlook as analysts focused on some drugs missing forecasts.
LONDON GlaxoSmithKline's third-quarter earnings were lifted by demand for its new shingles vaccine on Wednesday, but the British drugs firm's shares slipped despite an improved outlook as analysts focussed on some drugs missing forecasts.
* Shares reverse gains to trade down 2 pct (Adds further quotes on drug pipeline, updates shares)
LONDON, Oct 31 Pharmaceutical firm GlaxoSmithKline beat expectations with a 3 percent rise in third-quarter sales and a 10 percent rise in earnings per share on Wednesday thanks in part to strong demand for its new shingles vaccine Shingrix.
Oct 31 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 48 points higher at 7,084 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers. * STANDARD CHARTERED: Standard Chartered reported on Wednesday a better than expected 31.3 percent rise in quarterly profit before tax, as the British lender attempts to bring down stubbornly high costs and boost flatlining revenues. * RANDGOLD RESOURCES: Randgold Resources Ltd said on Tuesday its Loulo-Gounkoto gold mining complex in Mali had s
LONDON A once-monthly injection to control HIV proved as effective as daily pills in a second study by GlaxoSmithKline, paving the way for a new regimen that could be simpler for some patients to be filed with regulators.
LONDON, Oct 30 A once-monthly injection to control HIV proved as effective as daily pills in a second study by GlaxoSmithKline, paving the way for a new regimen that could be simpler for some patients to be filed with regulators.
Kraft Heinz Co will sell part of its Indian business, including brands such as malt-based drink Complan and energy drink Glucon-D, for 45.95 billion rupees ($627.18 million), at a time when Indian consumers are demanding healthier, sugar-free alternatives.
* Deal does not assume any debt (Recasts throughout to add background, deal details)
LONDON German generic drugmaker Stada is vying with a group of European buyout funds for control of Bristol-Myers Squibb's French over-the-counter drugs business, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- How safe is GlaxoSmithKline plc’s dividend?
- Is Hikma Pharmaceuticals plc the best FTSE 100 healthcare stock to own after today’s update?
- Which of these Neil Woodford dividend stocks should you buy today?
- Are these 3 top stocks still mighty income machines?
- 3 blue chip bargains you can't afford to miss!
- Now is the perfect time to buy these 3 healthcare stocks!