JD Sports Fashion PLC (JD.L)
Britain's JD Sports Fashion plans to look overseas for further growth after bucking a gloomy UK retail sector by boosting annual profit by a quarter.
* Looks further afield for next leg of growth (Recasts with exec chairman quotes, adds analyst comment)
April 17 Britain's JD Sports Fashion Plc on Tuesday reported an over 25 percent rise in full-year headline pretax profit as demand for athletic and leisurewear clothing remained firm in an otherwise gloomy British clothing sector.
* THE FINISH LINE, INC. ANNOUNCES ENTRY INTO MERGER AGREEMENT WITH JD SPORTS FASHION PLC
* FURTHER TO ANNOUNCEMENT MADE ON 14 SEPTEMBER 2017, JD SPORTS FASHION PLC ('JD') ANNOUNCES THAT IT HAS RECEIVED UNCONDITIONAL CLEARANCE FROM EUROPEAN COMMISSION FOR COMBINATION OF ITS EXISTING INTERESTS ACROSS IBERIA WITH THOSE OF SPORT ZONE IN PORTUGAL, SPAIN AND CANARY ISLANDS
BRUSSELS, Jan 19 The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
* PSA, Engie, JD Sports also gain after updates (Adds details, closing prices)
Demand for sportswear will help JD Sports Fashion Group beat full-year profit forecasts, the British retailer said on Tuesday, sending its shares as much as 9 percent higher.
* Shares jump as much as 9 percent to 7-month high (Recasts, adds shares, details)
Jan 16 JD Sports Fashion Plc, Britain's largest sportswear retailer by market value, said on Tuesday it expects annual pretax profit ahead of market expectations on strong trading in the second half of the year, including the key Christmas period.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Can these 4 FTSE 250 stocks keep charging in 2016? Tullow Oil plc, Acacia Mining plc, JD Sports Fashion plc and Zoopla Property Group plc
- Are JD Sports Fashion plc, John Wood Group plc and UBM plc 'screaming buys' after today's updates?
- Should you stick with MASSIVE gainers JD Sports Fashion plc, Domino's Pizza plc and Anglo American plc?
- Strike gold! 4 euro stars for your stocks portfolio
- Why National Grid plc (+11%), British American Tobacco plc (+12%) and JD Sports Fashion plc (+32%) should keep charging
- Will Debenhams Plc And JD Sports Fashion PLC Outperform WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC After Today's News?