Johnson Matthey PLC (JMAT.L)
24 May 2019
LONDON, May 13 Investors have poured cash into bets that platinum prices will revive after a decade of declines, but excess supply is likely to keep a lid on gains.
LONDON, May 13 Soaring investment demand will create platinum shortages in 2019, while the palladium market will see a deficit for the eighth consecutive year due to robust demand from the auto sector, specialist materials firm Johnson Matthey said.
LONDON Chemicals group Johnson Matthey has secured a site in Poland to produce ultra-high energy battery materials and signed a 10-year supply deal with Canada's Nemaska Lithium as it seeks to grow its exposure to the electric vehicle market.
LONDON, March 28 Chemicals group Johnson Matthey has secured a site in Poland to produce ultra-high energy battery materials and signed a 10-year supply deal with Canada's Nemaska Lithium as it seeks to grow its exposure to the electric vehicle market.
* Platinum market surplus was 498,000 oz last year (Adds detail)
Feb 8 London's blue-chip shares staged a tentative recovery on Friday from their worst day in six weeks a day earlier, led by gains in banks and miners, even as weak earnings dragged on utilities, SSE and Centrica, and Johnson Matthey.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Should you buy or sell these big movers after today's news?
- Is Johnson Matthey plc a better buy than BP plc?
- Are Johnson Matthey plc, Marks and Spencer Group plc and Wolseley plc destined to disappoint investors?
- Fevertree Drinks plc or Johnson Matthey plc — or both?
- Three under the radar dividend champions: Aviva plc, Schroders plc and Johnson Matthey plc
- 3 hot shares for May? Aviva plc, Dixons Carphone plc and Johnson Matthey plc