Kier Group PLC (KIE.L)
7 Dec 2018
Kier Group shares fell more than 20 percent on Friday after the British builder announced a surprise plan to tap shareholders for some 264 million pounds, blaming the reluctance of banks to lend to the construction sector.
* Shares fall more than 22 pct (Adds detail, background, updates shares)
Nov 30 Kier Group Plc will sell shares to raise about 264 million pounds ($336.97 million), the British builder said on Friday, adding that lenders were looking to cut their exposure to the UK construction sector.
British builder Kier Group said on Friday it would meet its expectations for the full year on the back of a strong second half, suggesting that it was able to shrug off a hit to the construction sector from Britain's imminent exit from the European Union.
Nov 16 British builder Kier Group said on Friday it would meet its expectations for the full year on the back of a strong second half, suggesting that it was able to shrug off a hit to the construction sector from Britain's imminent exit from the European Union.
Nov 16 British builder Kier Group said on Friday it would meet its expectations for the full year, aided by a stronger second half and warned on higher expenses related to its cost-cutting initiative.
Builder Kier Group reported a higher-than-expected rise in annual profit, as it expanded its order book and shrugged off the hit to Britain's construction sector from the country's impending exit from the European Union.
* Construction businesses helped by longer-term contracts -CEO
Sept 20 British construction and services company Kier Group reported a higher-than-expected 9 percent rise in underlying full-year pretax profit on Thursday, helped by a hefty order book.
British construction and support services company Kier Group Plc said on Tuesday it was on course to meet forecasts for underlying profit and earnings while launching a cost-savings plan that will include the sale of non-core assets.
Earnings vs. Estimates
- Should you buy 6% yielders BP plc, TUI Travel plc, Kier Group plc and Aberdeen Asset Management plc?
- Are Clarkson plc, RM plc, Hargreaves Services plc and Kier Group plc buys after today's updates?
- Can you afford to miss these 5%+ yielders?
- Buckle up! 4 FTSE 250 fireworks you MUST check out
- Why Kier Group plc, Ted Baker plc & Spire Healthcare Group PLC Are Stunning Growth Picks
- Should You Invest In Dividend Destroyers Rio Tinto plc, Barratt Developments Plc And Kier Group plc?